Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things I'm proud of

So I married a master gardener. Who knew? Look at his corn. Can you believe how big it is? I haven't seen any bigger yet, not even at the farms we pass. I'm so proud of him. He's faithful in watering and spent hours this spring mixing the clay with fertilizer, and I mean hours!!! At least 15. We've already enjoyed his sugar peas and now the squash is in full force. We're waiting on the tomatos and peppers and corn now.

Liz started riding a 2-wheeler this week. I went outside and she was on a friends bike just riding. Brian worked with her maybe 2 times and now she's a pro.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man that corn really is amazing!! Josh is so jealous! His garden is nothin compared to that! It will be long before we have corn to eat.. but his pumpkins are rockin! Good job Chuddels!

Jill and Paul said...

WATCH OUT CAROLINE!!! so fun! and holy cow on the corn! way to go! the squash was delicious!

lisa said...

Your garden looks awesome! Isn't is a relief to finally watch your kids ride a bike!!!

Suzy Q said...

Very impressive gardening skills! And way to go Liz! She's very advanced for her age it seems and such a cutie pie!

Mel said...

Wow! Good for her. One milestone down for the next few years to come! And that corn looked awesome! The squash was delicious, and I'm sure the rest will be too! That's funny about Liz's near-crash landing. Ha ha

Christopher said...

Brain,
I'm so glad you found my blog and I'm a loser for not getting back to you sooner, but Sariah looks at your blog all the time and keeps me updated. Your garden is killer! I made a garden for the first time this year and was able to get a few squash, a yellow pumpkin, and some deranged carrots out before it baked in the Texas heat and was over run with squash bugs. Way to go man! You are my new inspiration. And your family is adorable.