Thursday, July 24, 2008

So what have we been up to you ask? Let me tell you... first few pics are of our attempt at "camping". Well, not really. ON Wed we took the kids up Provo canyon and set up the tent, with no intention of sleeping over. We had planned on being up there until it got dark, but after 3 hours, we were done. Cooper fell off the table onto his head, he kept trying to step in the fire pit, while the fire was going, Caroline kept running away to the port-a-potties, because for some reason, they're so cool. Liz threw a little attitude and wanted to be alone in the tent and "locked" the other 2 out.. blah blah blah. Needless to say, we don't plan on camping alone for a few more years. SO this morning we went up the canyon to Tanner Flatts with my parents and hung out there, only 3 hours yet again. It actually wasn't as bad, but the flies were getting bad and we just left before we got to "that point".







This is just one of me and Caroline. Since no one takes pictures of me, I have to do it myself.


The other day Brian's aunt Lisa and her kids took my kids, except for the baby, for the whole day. I loved it! Thanks Chudleighs! That's one of my favorite things, being alone with just the baby. I love taking naps with them. I mean how can you not love waking up to this face?!



Isabelle had her first bath. I love watching them take their first bath. They're always so relaxed and peaceful.


Another self portrait



Just the 3 of us


Anyway, we're doing well and adjusting just fine to having the 4 kiddos!

7 comments:

lisa said...

I HATE camping with my kids at the moment. I won't even do it in the backyard anymore. It's seriously a joke! Isabella looks so sweet--I really like the bath picture. You don't even look tired! You are so amazing Michelle! I'm still tired without having a newborn!

amyorr said...

The fact that you tried to do the sorta camping thing just after having a baby deserves something. I hope you are feeling good. She is so cute!!!!

Jill and Paul said...

love the pics! i know what you mean being your own self photographer. it gets old asking people to take one of you, so you just end up doing it yourself. but theyre cute nonetheless! and i cant believe how great you look after only 2 WEEKS! crazy how fast you drop the prego-pounds! youre amazing!

Doré said...

You look great Michelle! I miss camping in the mountains...fun pics though. That's not blood coming out of Coopers mouth is it? Looks like he had fun in the fire pit. The baby is adorable.

melanie33 said...

all i have to say is what in the crap? I am suddenly feeling like their is something severely wrong with me. I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams, or worst nightmares, having the tinest bit of desire in wanting to camp 2 weeks after pushing a child out of me.
You rock. I see know that I really suck.

Melinda said...

Don't give up. You'll remember the bad parts of camping, but to your kids it will be a favorite memory. Go Cooper!!

Mel said...

Who took that last pic? If they can take one like that, why not have "them?" take one of you!? Isa is a beauty. I loved sleeping with Will when he was little. Now he just kicks and turns over a million times, so that doesn't quite work. But fun. That was some fun camping. I think we all posted some of those crazy dirty-faced pix. (caroline even put one on facebook!) Funny. Leave comments!