Tuesday, March 4, 2008

HELP ME!!!

So I know a lot more people look at this than actually leave comments, but I need all of you out there to either comment or email me. What the heck do you do with fighting/teasing siblings?!!! I don't mean like fist fighting, well, not yet anyway. I mean the "that's my favorite. No, it's my favorite" taunting, or the "I hate you. You're ugly. You're stupid." rude things they say to eachother. I am so sick of it and I don't know what to do about it. Sticking them in the room to work it out doesn't work, making them say I love you is obviously very insincere. Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's the email if you don't have a way to leave a comment.

chudleighdmd@hotmail.com

10 comments:

Gunn said...

First of all you Disney trip looks more eventful than ours. If only we could have waited 2 days huh? I was just complaining how we didn't see any disney characters. As for the fighting, I most definitely don't know what I am doing, but I saw my sister use this (but she has older kids) but it has worked. I make Aria and Kinley sit face to face and say 5 nice things to each other. It starts to get pretty repetitive "I think you pretty" is a popular one so they have to say something different every time and they often end up laughing at the things they say. Good Luck.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Okay, okay. I stalk your blog.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Miss you, girl. My arms are permanently damaged from your power punches...:) I'm surprised you never took up boxing!

Kim said...

I love keeping up on what is going on with your family on your blog. Sorry, I dont have any real suggestions for you. I only have one baby and he is a month old. I guess it sounds like you just need to get a babysitter. I would guess that your girls are a lot nicer to each other when they are trying to be cool for a teenage babysiter and this way you get time to yourself.
Check out Mikes blog at mikedansie@blogspot if you want to keep up on what is going on with us.

Jill and Paul said...

hey sis! i know it's been awhile since ive had time to check your blog, but ive looked it ALL over. love coops bday pics, LOVE the video, i feel like i didnt miss his last 5 months from all the pics and video! and about the fighting..i dont have kids in that phase right now, but the one thing that came to my mind is.. may be you could find something they love to do together. give them an incentive to be good, along with consequences, and then follow through with it. have the girls say a morning prayer together and have them pray to be nice. let them know Heavenly Father is watching and is so proud when they love eachother. check the church website to see if they have any advice to help kids be good. and there you go, thats what came to my mind. dont know if it helps, but youre a great mom anyway!

Tierney said...

If you find a way to make it stop, let me know. My kids do the same thing all day and it is so irritating.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

My kids also fight like cats & dogs. What works for me is to separate them and not allow them to play with each other. Sometimes I'll send Nick to play with a friend and tell Ashley that Nick doesn't want to play with her because she's being mean - or vice versa. They're starting to learn that being mean doesn't pay off because they end up alone. Then when they are being nice to each other or working together praise them and tell them how you love to see them being so friendly.

Parkes C. said...

Hey Michelle, Ashlee and I have a suggestion: remember how old they are. I mean, sometimes even my seminary council students will say or do something in a meeting that leaves me thinking, "Wow. That's...interesting," but then I think, "Oh yeah--even the best teenagers are still teenagers. They're learning."
So, we have found that sometimes intervening with our children's bicker-matches does more to hinder than help; we just let them work it out, then praise them for their success.

lisa said...

Michelle-I usually take away whatever it is they are fighting over. Every morning they fight over who gets to sit by Cooper, who has what bowl, what spoon, etc. etc. It drives me crazy. Hailey is finally learning that this doesn't matter all that much, and will usually let Lauren have her way. I think age does play a big part of it. But in the mean time, just taking their things away has worked (temporarilary) for us!

Doré said...

We take away whatever they are fighting over also. If they want to play with it they need to learn to share and be nice. Usually if they hear me raise my voice when they start arguing they know to stop. If they come to me and complain about whatever they are arguing over I'll tell them that they need to solve it themselves and that usually ends the argument. They are not so bad now, I guess they are getting older and growing out of the stage. They seem to me more into the wrestling each other stage.

ps...for the record I voted girl. Can't wait to find out!