So I have this friend from HS who has a car cleaning company. Mind you I've never had anyone clean my car, or my parents cars. Growing up, that was our job. My Dad would do his, but his wasn't really ever dirty. So, thinking about paying someone to clean my car, I felt a little, I don't know, lazy I guess. But if you'd seen my car, I don't know when I'd get the time to do it.
Anyway.... so my sister had this guy clean her car and so I set up an appointment. I was after her car, which is also a suburban. When she told me how much it was going cost, I told her they'll come back with a higher price once they see it. We kind of laughed.
So I showed up with my car and he was still working on her car. Her car was new (used) and really clean and it took him over 3 hours to clean. He asked if he could look at mine so he'd know how long it would take. A few minutes later he (the employee) had my friend on the phone. Long story short, he said my car needed "special attention" and I would be charged an overage charge. It took him 5 hours to clean. Yikes right?!!! Well worth the money though. If you had seen my car. Hopefully you didn't though!!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Funny but not so funny
Posted by Michelle C at 7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
5 hours!! Wow! So how much would one pay to have their car cleaned for 5 hours?!
What? No before and after pictures??
Ok, actually I am a little jealous because I would pay someone to clean/detail my car. I've been thinking about doing it myself for weeks but probably won't even attempt for a few more! Enjoy your clean car, it seems like they are only like that for a day or two!:)
Who is this mystery person who cleans cars? I'd be interested in having them clean my car but I might have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it (you think your car is bad...). How much did it cost for 5 hours?
Last weekend my sister in law said she would clean the cars...however when she was all done she said "we couldn't clean yours, it was too messy, but we did wipe down the steering wheel." After our overnighter in Lancaster, and stuff falling out at the bus stop I decided it was finally time to take some action. I am sure mine is not nearly as clean as yours, but it still is nice!
Post a Comment