So we did it. Didn't think it was going to happen, but it did. We took our much needed trip to warmer weather. We left Friday afternoon, but got out to Yuba lake and our car wouldn't go up hills, so we had to turn around and go back. I was on the border of a very emotional breakdown. I was sure this was just another horrible thing to add to the horribly long winter, but my Mom and Dad let us borrow their car. We ended up leaving Saturday morning and stopped in Vegas to visit some good friends. We stayed the night with them and left the next morning. The drive to Santa Monica was FOREVER long and that's when the kids started fighting and driving us nuts. That drive, which was just shy of 6 hours, felt longer than our all day drive back. Anyway, so we stopped by the beach for about an hour Sunday night. It was pretty cold, but a beach none the less. The next day was our all day adventure at Disney. It was perfect!!! We made it on about 20 rides and our average wait was around 20 min a ride. Some we just walked right on. Like Splash Mountain, Pirates, and a few of the kids rides. The weather was just about 70* and clear. It was heaven!!! We had a blast with the girls. I think I can now emotionally make it through the rest of this winter. Thanks Bri. You're the best husband for understanding how important this trip was to me! (Just a little side note, when we were heading back home when our car broke down, he said, well, if we can't make it there, I can fly you somewhere with the money we would have used on our trip. I'll fly you out to Hawaii if you want to go there. How sweet was that?!)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
We're back....
Posted by Michelle C at 7:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Fun trip. Man I need a vacation. Were did your little one stay?
these pics bring back so many happy memories! i love the face on pipper at indiana jones! priceless! im so glad you got to go to disney, you guys needed a break from the freezing weather!
What a fun place to go. Everyone looks so happy! Did Cooper stay with your parents? It's nice to get away every now and then and re-charge yourself. We're thinking about a trip to Disneyworld this fall. Seeing your pictures gets me excited for it.
Looks like you were at Disney the same time we were! Just opposite sides of the country! We had fun but it was tiring!
What a fun trip. You got lots of cute pictures. We're hoping to go there this spring.
How fun!!!! Im jealous, we are here in the cold and cant even head out to play because of the mud! Your pictures are great!!!
Oh, I miss California so much. Especially our season passes to Disneyland and the fact that it only took us 15 minutes to get there (as long as we didn't hit traffic).
Good for you. I would love to go somewhere. I take it Cooper didn't go? The girls look very cute!
Looks like a fun and well needed trip. Your pictures with Caroline are way cute.
Post a Comment