So the other day I guess I was being overly happy (whatever that is) according to Brian and he was like, "why are you in such a good mood? You're never this happy, you're always like, "I hate my life. I need to get away." So I was kind of caught off and looking back, I wouldn't say anyone would say I'm a happy person. Not that I'm unhappy, but if someone asked, "do you think Michelle is a happy person", I'd be willing to venture that most people would say no. You know, there are some people you just look at and say, "now there's a happy person". I've often felt those people were a little too cheery or cheesy for my liking, but why wouldn't you want to be one of those people? Anyway, so everyone has been sending these "tagged" things around and I typically think they are a waste of time, well, for me anyway. I enjoy reading them, just not doing them, but I thought I should do something that lets most people know I am a happy person, it just might not show. So here are 10 things that make me happy....
1. Looking at a picture of me and thinking "hey, I actually like the way I look in that one".
2. Seeing the pounds drop on my scale, even if it's only .8 lbs
Yes, there are other things besides shallow weight things that make me happy......
3. When Caroline says "thanks Mommy" in her throaty deep voice
4. When I put the kids to bed and they stay there
5. A sweet cream mixed with raspberries in a sugar cone ice cream from Cold Stone
6. When Brian takes me on a date and plans it all, including the babysitter
7. When I see the girls playing together and hugging eachother and saying how they love eachother
8. Taking a trip anywhere really. Love Mexico, anywhere with a beach and a chance to relax
9. Having no credit card debt (actually, I can't remember what that feels like, but I have the hope of feeling that one again!)
10. A really good romantic comedy
11. When I feel like I'm in a romantic comedy with Bri :)
12. An unexpected sign of affection or thoughtfulness
13. When my kids are sweet and kind to everyone and tell me they love me
14. Seeing the kids do something sweet for someone else
15. Taking a great picture or capturing the perfect moment on film (or digital media)
16. Sleeping through the whole night and not waking up
17. A day alone
18. Doing something fun with the kids and watching their expressions
19. Date night
20. Spring
21. Summer nights
22. Lack of snow!!!
--- okay, that was a few more than 10, but now you know.
And just because I feel like there always has to be a picture........


7 comments:
thats great shel! why, of course your happy! you have a great husband who loves you and helps you with the kids, and kids who love you and love eachother. i think youre happy & that makes me happy!!
Michelle, it is amazing. Reading that was like reading my own thoughts! Oh for us pessimists, or realists as I like to tell Brent. Sometimes Hunter asks, "Mom, why didn't you laugh at my joke?" I feel bad. I just don't live quite that vibrantly. I guess we just have to work on our enjoyment day by day, minute by minute, making wonderful lists like the one you posted as a reminder of all the things we have to smile about.
I have always thought of you as a happy person. Not the overly happy type that sometimes come off as fake happy. But just a cheery happy person. You are always laughing and joking around. I enjoyed reading your list.
Can I copy your list into my blog? j/k I have been tagged twice and haven't done anything about it. Yours was great!
Michelle- I will NEVER forget our un-speechless trip to St.George right after we met for the FIRST time. Wow. I would never pick you as an 'unhappy' person. You are totally normal. I think everyone has pessimist days--some just show it and others hide it! I love seeing pictures of your kids. It's like looking at your family pictures all over again! Lisa
That is funny, because I think I have told Ryan the same exact thing before. Maybe it is hard to see ourselves like we see other people when they look so happy. Because I would say you are a very happy person too.
By the way, I hate that I am so bad at birthday's. Tell Liz happy very late birthday. Aria loved the pics and said she looks so cute.
Post a Comment