We've had such a fun month visiting friends from the good ol' days. What are the good ol' days? Well, dental school of course. Who'd have thought it was really true when the graduates ahead of us would say, "enjoy it while you're there, 'cause once you're out, you'll miss it." Yeah right! Well, matter of fact, they were right. We all kept looking forward to getting done with school and out in the "real world" and why the heck did we do that? I mean we all lived next door, hung outside all day and let the kids play while catching up on life and getting a nice tan. Every now and then we'd head inside for a potty break or food, but the day was simple. We got free health insurance, food, power and dental care :). Who needs a job when you get all that?! We looked forward to the first pay check and ended up being poorer those first few months than we were in school. Ha! What a sick joke! Anyway... we got to catch up with 3 of our favorite families from PA. On our trip down to Vegas we stopped by and spent the night with the Gunns. Aria and Elizabeth were best friends and even looked a lot alike as little girls. We had a good time catching up with them and the girls loved having an official sleep over and even sleeping in the same room!
The next morning we drove the rest of the way to visit the Heidemans in Vegas. We love this family! They helped us out with so many different things. Fixing Brian's hair cut I gave him the first Sunday we were there. I forgot to put on the length guard and shaved a spot up the middle of the back of his head. Greg came to the rescue and said something I'll never forget... "don't you know you never let a pregnant woman cut your hair?!". We had many great nights with them talking, eating rootbeer floats and brownies, making bleaching trays and just hanging out. We had a night out on the town. We got to their home and quickly ate lunch and headed out to the Springs Preserve. It's this huge "park" and has all kinds of exhibits and then garden areas. It was fun to get out and let the kiddos run around too. Don't these two look so in love? :)
After that, we ran home and Alicia got 2 babysitters to watch all the kiddos so we could go downtown to catch a show. First we grabbed some dinner at this quick spot. It was delicious! I had the best butternut squash soup. After, we watched Le Reve, one of the Cirque shows. It was amazing and we had great seats. The show was so fun to watch. It's amazing what people can do with their bodies and how strong they were! After that, I talked all of them into riding the Big Shot on the top of the Stratosphere. I was telling them how fun it was and we just had to do it. Well, we got up there and strapped in and then I remembered how freakin' scary it was. I was like, "what the crap was I thinking?!". I then got the sick feeling in my stomach and was not looking forward to the shot up into the air. I heard the sound that prepped me for what was to happen. I screamed my head off. Greg and Brian were making little sounds before, but as soon as it shot off, they got all quiet. After that we got on the Extreme ride. FREAKY!!! The boys pansied out and Alicia and I got in the front row. Well, the only truly brave one was Alicia. She totally wanted the front row, and not only that, she held her hands up. Nuts! That's one tough cookie! After that we grabbed some ice cream to soothe our throats from all our screaming and yelling. Well, that and because it tastes good. It was such a fun night and great to be on a date with them.
We hung out on Sunday and got to visit with another couple,the Luths. It was fun to catch up with them and Alicia made a fabulous dinner. Yummy! Monday the guys went out on a business lunch and then later that afternoon, Brian and I took the kiddos to the park for a bit. It was beautiful weather. After, Alicia and I got to go on our date. We went to dinner at a Mexican restraunt, made a quick shopping stop and then went to see The Knowing. It was a pretty good movie. Made us think a little so that's always good. It was a nice night away. We got up the next morning and headed back. It was so great to be with them again. The kids had a blast playing the backyard and running around.
We made it back and 3 days later Brian and I took off to Colorado. My parents and sisters were kind enough to watch the kiddos (minus Isabelle) while we headed out there for a business venture and to visit with the Twiss family. Another great fam from our past. Brian was checking out Tyler's practice and the area. It was fun to be with Sarah and Tyler again. We had a good time playing some games, chatting and driving around checking out the area. We took a drive out to Evergreen. It was so picturesque. We ate at the One World Cafe and then headed across the street to a yummy pastry/bakery place. Everyone loved the doughnuts and had to buy more. There was a beautiful lake with the mountains behind it. Of course we had to stop and take some pictures. Brian and Tyler posed for a picture. Goofballs! We drove around to a bunch of areas and caught up with life. It's so nice to have friends we can relate to in so many ways. Dental school was great for so many different reasons, but especially for the wonderful friends we made!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Our road down memory lane
Posted by Michelle C at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
How fun! I wonder why we were in such a hurry to graduate anyways. We did have a pretty good life.
Miss you guys already! Just remember the one and only place you are to be...because I received revelation for you! HA HA HA! Thanks for all the fun memories.
Ok, have I missed out on some important information? What does "never let a pregnant woman cut your hair" have to do with you???? Did I miss an announcement?
What fun trips! Sounds like you have a great bunch of friends. Also wondering about the pregnant line...?? Fun pictures!
Dude - you're on the ball!! I love the travelogue. After reading through the details of your trips with the Heidemans (you didn't mention 90% of the fun agenda you had when we talked!!), I feel like a boring hostess. Next time you come it better not include business. We can play, play, play. It was fun to see all the pictures of the kiddos that have grown up since last we saw them.
is that a new blue jacket? its so cute on you! great job on the pics! theyre awesome! glad you had a good time and got to get away for a little while! love you
What cute pictures! I'm glad you had fun.
How fun! We miss the fun Colony days too!
I wish I could comment on all of your pictures individually- because they are all so stinkin' cute. I loved your stories and seriously- fantastic pictures. Y'all look so happy and it sounds/looks like it was a blast.
ps You didn't tell me you rode the stratusphere! (or however you spell it).
It's true-the grass is always greener.
Ahh! Good post!
So Brock's done with his test. Let's get together, yay-yay-yay.
Good to catch up with you guys - sounds like a lot of fun. You're lucky to have such great friends!
I love the new header picture of the kids!
Post a Comment