Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy busy

I feel like we've been running all over the place lately. It's been fun feeling like there's actually things to be doing and getting outside! Loving the weather! Last week I took Caroline on a date. She was so excited. We went to Baskin Robbins and got some ice cream. She loves ice cream and I'm a pretty big fan too. It was so fun to just be the two of us. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up and she said a doctor. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" she asked me. I thought about it and to my surprise said, " a Mom". I almost teared up. Guess it's not so bad after all. She kept giving me big hugs around my neck and telling me how much she loved me. That is one of the best things to hear from your kiddos!


It's been so nice getting outside. I love the weather and it helps me have more patience. We went to this awesome park that is a castle. It's almost too big and I can't always see Cooper, but it was a lot of fun. Here are a few pics from the excursion. The last one is the best. Elizabeth hurt Caroline, so she's crying, Cooper is just there for the picture and Elizabeth is throwing a little attitude because I told her it was time to go. She said, " I'm not going to smile unless you say we can stay 10 more minutes". Nice.




I caught this sweet moment. Wish they happened more, but glad they happen at all.




My sister Melanie has been going through a lot with the post-cancer surgeries on her hand. Poor thing had a baby a month ago and has had 3 surgeries since then. My Mom has been full time Mom to try and help her out. Things just keep going wrong, but hopefully this is her last surgery for a while. She has a long recouping road ahead of her, but she's tough, so she'll get there. Not easy!

We've been going to the gym faithfully for the last 2 weeks and I am actually loving it. Who'd have thought that I'd enjoy exercising? Not me. But I do. It totally de-stresses me, then I come home to dinner time and it's ruined of course, but for about 2 hours it's great! I can feel the difference and even though I've only lost 4 pounds, I can tell by the way my clothes fit that something is changing.

We're in the midst of deciding where life is going to take us. Brian is finishing up his job here in July, so we're in the middle of some major decisions. I thought once he started work, we were done. Guess I was wrong. We probably have at least 2 moves in the near future. Blah. Oh well. Isn't life adventurous!

6 comments:

Doré said...

Great update blog. Love the pictures. Way to go on working out...keep it up! Good luck on the next stage of Brians job.

Jill and Paul said...

cute pics. life really has been busy hasnt it! i havent blogged for ever, with mel its just been wierd. anyway, loved the last pic, total attitude!

Julie said...

My kids LOVE that park. Let me know the next time you go and we'll meet you there. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I can't imagine going through all that with a newborn baby also. Keep us updated on how she's doing. Oh and way to go on getting to the gym. I love it once I'm there, but its so hard to squeeze it in sometimes.

Melinda said...

Sounds like some great things are going on there (other than the color of your toilets:) Our milk is always green on St. Patricks, now I'm worried about what makes it that way! Good luck with the moves ahead. I'm sure you could move back to Lehi.

Suzy Q said...

It was fun catching up on your blog. Life sounds great for you guys. Love you all!

Caroline said...

Way cute pictures. Love the one of you and Caroline. And I'm glad you're living your dream of being a madre :) Makes me excited to be one too