Friday, February 27, 2009

Oh boy.... here we go

Last night Elizabeth grabbed me and Brian and wanted us to give each other a hug and a kiss. Then she'd wrap her arms around our legs and say "auditu, auditu". We have no idea what that means and I don't think she does either. She started saying that about 4 years ago when we'd hug or kiss and every now and then she'll say it. Anyway. Last night she's like, "wait wait wait, don't kiss. Mom, come with me." She said I had to be a princess for Daddy and she was going to make me one. She went into my closet and picked out a dress and my boots and then did my hair (which was taking it out of the pony and brushing it. Yikes!) and then put on my make-up. It was so funny watching her do my make up. She'd say the stuff I'd say to her when I dress her up like, "oh that looks really good. Beautiful." It was funny. Then she hid me in the closet and told me I had to wait for Brian to come find me. Then she said we still couldn't kiss because she had to make Brian my prince. After all was done, we had to dance and THEN we could kiss. I asked her why we had to dance first and she said "that's the way it's supposed to happen." A little too much Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast etc. Too funny. It was dinner time and I was tempted to just tell her no so I could make dinner, but I'm glad I let her do it. It was fun and especially fun to watch her be the creator of this picture she had in her mind. I wish I did that more often. Need to say no less and yes more. After getting us all dolled up, she went and put on her own make up and proceeded to try and convince us to pierce her ears and let her wear make up. She said if we didn't she's put it on and sneak out. Great. This morning she ran into my bathroom and put on her lipstick and said, " I have to look cute for my boys." I told her she can't wear makeup until she's 12. "How about 11 or 10, or 9?" A constant effort to get it her way. Funny girl.

8 comments:

lisa said...

Oh...she is such a creative little thing! I can't wait to hear stories from her 'princess' life!! I think it's really cute that you were the princess for her--you are a great momma!

Alicia H said...

Oh how cute. I totally agree about the more "yes" thing. It's already going by way to fast. Everyone told us it would. Love these moments in time!

Rachel said...

on my gosh What a cutie!! I can't wait until I can play princess/dress up with my daughter.. and have her do MY makeup!! That story cracks me up! Geese.. lucky you guys! You got to live in a fairy tail for one night!! :)

Jill and Paul said...

that is too cute! love the dress, what a fun memory to have on video. and its so rare to have a video with both of you in it. i agree with pipper "aditiu"!

The Staggs said...

I just love this...how fun and cute.

Sarah said...

cute story. Good luck with the make-up wishes, and her plans to sneak out. I guess sometimes we don't want them to be smart, huh?

Mel said...

Thart is thr cuytest! She us so fuuny. I'm glad we could go over to ma's and play. it was fun.. /iecided I wasn't going to spell check my quick one-handed typing. siorry. you did look like a rincess too!

Melinda said...

What a fun mom you are! Great times.