Sunday, February 22, 2009

A story...

So I thought I'd throw out a little comic relief. I went to the doctor's office to make sure everything was okay with Cooper because he's been so fussy lately. He had been playing with this toy bench at the office and was pretty much to the doctor's room so I nudged it with my foot to push it back. This lady was totally glaring at me and I was like " well, I guess I could have bent down and pushed it". See, I was holding Isabelle in her car seat and so I just pushed it with my foot. Well, I let it go ad had the appointment with the doctor. Then I came out and this lady was still there talking to some guy. I heard her say " that's the one who...." and I couldn't hear the rest of what she said, but that guy and another guy there were totally looking at me. I was like, "seriously. Was it that big of a deal?". So I came home totally bugged (Cooper was fine by the way) and I was just going to let it go 'cause I wouldn't ever see that person again and it was just petty, but I had to tell Brian to see if I was in the wrong. I told the story to him and then all the sudden he freaked out, " you totally have a hickey on your neck. That's why she was looking at you." No lie. I had a hickey on my neck. I had my hair pulled back, so there it was loud and proud on my neck. No hiding it. I guess there is a downside to letting your baby suck on your neck. :) I had no idea she left behind a mark. Let that be a lesson to ya! :) I mean seriously, who's going to believe that is was my baby. I could have been hit by a paint ball, burned by a curling iron, hit by a toy, slipped a landed on a marble, but no one's going to think that. There going to go right to the dirty. It was an innocent ticklin' by the baby, but no one will believe that!

8 comments:

Ginnie said...

sure, the baby. I use that one all the time... ;)

Krystal said...

I thinking you mean your other baby, he's a little old to be called baby don't you think?!!! What a day!So sorry. In the end I guess you can just laugh about it! It's a good story right?

Jill and Paul said...

and you DIDNT take a picture! i totally thought you would have! dang!

Brooke said...

This post is pointless without a picture of the hickey! LOL!

Mel said...

Where's the picture? And that's hilarious!

lisa said...

I think I hear a chant..."HICKEY, HICKEY, HICKEY..."

Alicia H said...

Hillarious! I totally thought the dirty first...and was laughing. Then to know the baby did it...even more funny. Thanks for the comic relief.

We can't wait to see all of you!

The Staggs said...

That is so funny...note to self. Don't let my baby suck on my neck. Haha!!