So yesterday I took Caroline and Cooper down to the basement 'cause Caroline wanted to play a computer game. I turned the computer on and then ran upstairs to find some packing tape so I could tape up some boxes while they were down there playing. Well, I was upstairs for maybe 3 minutes looking for the tape "gun", decided to just use scissors and started downstairs when I heard Cooper scream. It was the same scream as when Caroline is teasing him, so that's what I figured it was. When I got to the bottom of the stairs he was spitting and wipping his face and then I smelled it. Wood stripper! Some how Caroline had gotten the bottle open and poured it in a bowl in those few minutes I was upstairs. We think Cooper dipped his hands in it and tried to taste it, but realized it was nasty and was spitting it out and rubbing it off. I ran him upstairs and washed his hands and face off then tried dabbing it with a towel. All this white stuff was coming off. I thought it looked like wet paper towels coming off, but I was using a cloth towel. It was his face! I called poison control and they said I needed to get him into the ER because if he swallowed any it could be burning through his throat and stomach. It didn't look like anything had happened in his mouth, from what I could see. He wouldn't open his mouth very far, so I couldn't be sure. I called around and was saved AGAIN by Melinda who watched Caroline and Liz for me while I took Cooper and Isabelle to the ER. Well, already long story short, he seemed to be fine except for the burns on his face. He swallowed fine and didn't seem to have ingested any of it THANK GOODNESS! Well, it looks a lot worse today and he's having a hard time closing his mouth. I put up a before and after shot. We're getting family pictures done in about 9 days, so I hope it heals by then!
Before
Now
Friday, October 3, 2008
So sad
Posted by Michelle C at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
oh my word how scary. I am so glad it was not ingested. Poor little guy that looks like it really hurts..
ouch the poor little guy! i cannot believe what can happen when you turn your back for just a second. they are soooo fast.
Poor baby! I am so sorry that happened. Thankfully, he didn't swallow any - but it's still scary!
I hate the after picture. Dad says, "See! That's what happens when we leave town. We can't leave ya'll alone for a minute!"
im gonna cry, right now.
That is so sad! I leave my kids all the time to grab things. I hope it goes away before pics!
Oh, How sad! His poor little mouth looks sad. It looks like he had a lip injection from botox, cause he lips are huge!
Poor Cooper & Poor Michelle. I know burns and they are not a fun thing to deal with. Hang in there. (like you always do, you little trooper!)
That picture looks worse than his "chocolate face." Oh...that just kills me. I don't want to have any stories like that-EVER!
It's hard to keep them out of everything. Even though it looks like it hurts I'm glad it wasn't any worse than that. I hope it heals up quick.
Oh...I just want to cry looking at his sweet little face! I hope he gets feeling better--that was such a scary thing to have happen!
Oh no! That is so sad! I bet it was so painful too. That is scary! I'm glad he is ok.
Wow, poor little boy. I'm glad everything ended being OK.
So this is why you needed a babysitter! I am so sorry! Cute little Cooper. I hope he's better for pictures. If not there's always photoshop!
oh my gosh, I just want to cry for him. I am so glad he is okay!!
Post a Comment