Tuesday, October 28, 2008

101st Post

So..... here we are. One hundred posts later. I have so much to say and so little time. You see.... we sold our home. That's right. Well, as of 4:00 tonight, it should be official. We're moving tomorrow closer to Brian's job. We're excited and sad at the same time. Sad to leave all the wonderful friends we've made. Sad to leave the great ward we have and all the great friends our kids have made. But we are hoping we find some great people where we are going too.

We've been busy packing and cleaning and it's amazing how much can accumulate and get messy in 2 years! Well, so I have this great story for you. It all begins on Saturday morning.....

It was a normal Saturday morning. Getting up with the kids, cereal all around, a little tv going on. The usual. All of the sudden, Caroline starts crying hysterically. She started complaining about her ear. I immediately called the doctor. How nice for us that our doctors were there on Saturday. Cooper had been sick too so I told Bri he should take Cooper just in case and get him checked. Well, I'm not sure what happened, but Cooper didn't go. Bri took Caroline and Elizabeth because we had ward members coming over to help us pack. Somehow I ended up with the harder 2, but it worked out okay. Turns out Caroline did have an ear infection. She was one unhappy camper! After the medicine and antibiotics, a little warm pad on her ear and the Chipmunks movie, she started feeling a little better. We got all the kitchen packed up with the help of our wonderful neighbors, then had a little lunch outside which was really nice. It was beautiful outside that day! So fast forward to Sunday night. All seemed fine. Cooper was a little fussy during the day, but nothing major. Isabelle woke up at about 11:00 at night, about the time I fell asleep of course, and decided she wasn't feeling too well. So seriously, I was up ALL night. I mean, I was sitting at my computer at 2:30 am working on pictures, then watched a little tv. Finally I decided to just give her some medicine and some ear drops. She didn't have a fever or anything, but I thought it couldn't hurt. Around 4:30 she fell asleep but woke up about every 20 min. Finally I got to sleep at 7:00 AM when Brian woke up. I slept for about 2 hours and then we started packing. We got a bunch done. Cooper got fussier later on and Isabelle was mostly fine if she was being held. About 4:00 in the afternoon, Cooper started pulling on his ear and then cried for the next 2 hours. I had set up a dr's appointment and took him and Isabelle. I figured we'd have Isa checked out just in case because we had no idea what was going on with her. I was at the drive through at the bank and Cooper was in hysterics. He ended up throwing up but luckily most of it ended up on his blanket. Then he fell asleep. I carried both of them into the doctors office where they both decided it was time for a break down. I sat in the room with both on my lap. Cooper finally crashed and fell asleep, but Isa was just getting started. The doctor came in as I was trying to juggle both of them and we couldn't even hear eachother, so he had his nurse hold Isa. Well, making this already long story a little shorter, Cooper has severe ear infections in both ears and Isabelle has one in her right ear. While the doctor checked Coopers throat, he threw up all over his shirt and then rubbed it on me. Nice! Well Bri met up with me so he could run in and get the meds and I took the 2 home to get them in the tub hoping it would help soothe them so they'd go to sleep. Well, Isa was already asleep, but Coop didn't want to get in, so I got in with him. Just as I did, of course, Isa woke up, so we brought her in. Just after that, Cooper fell asleep holding onto me. I figured Bri would be home soon, so I just sat in the tub holding both of them, waiting for him to help me and get one out. Well, about 15 minutes went by, and no Bri, so I finally got them both out. All in all, they both slept great and seem to be doing better today. So, in the midst of packing and moving, 3 out of 4 of our kids get ear infections, which we just about never get. Isn't it great?!! Well, Isabelle is crying and I suppose I should get grab her and finishing packing. We'll post pics of our new place in a few days.

I finally got a few of Cooper smiling,so I added those and a few others.








16 comments:

Doré said...

Wow, what a rough weekend. As the saying goes..when it rains it pours. I am so glad you guys sold your house though. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new one. Hope the kids get to feeling better soon so you can get some rest!

Brooke said...

Oh my word Michelle... what a weekend! For a fleeting moment, I was thinking, "Okay, three kids is plenty!" LOL! That didn't last long. You are an awesome mom. Those kids are lucky to have you and YAY FOR SELLING THE HOUSE! Believe you me, I KNOW what a great feeling it is, regardless of all the crappy packing, which can go to Hades. Best of luck and I hope the kiddos start feeling better fast!

melanie33 said...

those lovely motherhood moments... and those lovely moving moments... together they make a wonderful recipe for disaster! hang in there! I hope you are able to get it all done!!!

Sarah said...

Oh Michelle! I am so sorry you had such a horrible last few days. I wish I could've helped! We're going to miss you guys. I wish you the best in your new neighborhood, and I can't wait to see pics of your new place! I'm glad we have these blogs so we can keep in touch:)

Jill and Paul said...

im so sorry. i guess im a horrible sister! i didnt know any of this! wierd. cause we were together on sunday and no one said anything?! well, at least its over with. youre such an awesome mom! lots to deal with. and cool pic of your house. i like the blurr feature. the pics of the kids are adorable! love the one with pip and iz.

Nikki said...

We're sad to see you guys leave. I am not quite sure how Madison is going to survive without Elizabeth. Good luck on your move.

Dave said...

The post was tough to read 'cause it brings up so many memories, and a little bit of dread of things to come. Way to work through it. CONGRATULATIONS on the house!

Mel said...

I didn't know that whole story. Sheesh. I don't know how you do it! I hope the cleaning goes well and you can get things more set up at your house. It's really cute, by the way!

Alicia H said...

I am not ready for you to move further away! Sorry you are having or had a rough time. Hang in there.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

It is so hard to have a sick kid let alone MULTIPLE sick kids. I'm sorry! I can totally empathize. Congratulations, though, on having enough creativity and imagination to have 101 posts! I wish I could do the same. Oh well...

The Skinners said...

Oh what a hard thing to have 3 sick kids... I cant even imagine how tiring! You are a good mom and I hope they all recover quickly!

Lindsey said...

We're going to miss you guys. The cul-da-sac won't be the same without you. I may be emailing you with photo questions once in a while. Good luck with your new house. Email me your new address. Keep in touch!

Tierney said...

Congrats on the house! Craziness..you must be exhausted.

Melinda said...

The Lord must know your a strong person to get hard days like that! Good luck in getting settled. FYI we like Dr. Barker at Tanner Clinic there.

Carleton & Robyn said...

Those are the most amazing pictures. We took some wedding pictures in the other day that you took and the guys working there said we had a great photographer. I have to agree!!!

Sarah said...

oh man -when it rains it pours. It'll be a story to look back on, right? I badge of honor of what you've made it through without losing your mind :)