Monday, June 30, 2008

Help me Moms

So.... for all the millions of Moms who look at this (k, not millions), what are you doing for fun with your kids. I feel like such a lame-o. I can't even think of fun things to do. Well, some, but need more ideas. Thanks.

5 comments:

melanie33 said...

ok well, i have been doing themed weeks. (like animal week where we visit the aquarium or the zoo) space week where we visit the planetarium. Excercise week where we went to bounce you and visited parks...etc I know it sounds like a lot of work but it's not been. I like a schedule so we have like 2 outings a week and 2 days home (where we do things like get out all the animals and build a zoo, or draw a picture of the planets.... and one day, usually fridays is a whatever day where I get the cleaning and errands in. Also they get to just chill and watch spongebob.
If you go to www.utahsrealdeals.com
there is a half price coupon for joining the Utah kids club. The Utah kids club gives you discounts to everything around and gives you a calendar of activities happening every day. If you are planning on going to a lot of places this summer it would definately save you money.
sorry for the worlds longest post

Melinda said...

I like Melanie's ideas! We like canyone (they're cooler) and water, so a fun place is up Provo canyon. Turn at Vivian park and go about a mile. There is a nice park, grass and a shallow stream for kids to play in. American Fork canyon has some picnic areas with streams too. Hang in there!

Suzy Q said...

I like all the new stuff you've done here! Looks great and I love all the pictures. What we do for fun is puzzles, games, read stories, crafts, swim, play outside, do little outings, and have time with family and friends. I'm not sure if this will be helpful since your kids are younger! But my kids were going crazy and I realized I need to take the time away from what I wanted to do (and leave them to play on their own) and actually spend it with them and then it's been better! I think playing in the mud was great!!! You're doing a great job!!!

lisa said...

My friend does the ABC's of summer, but she keeps it simple. B for baking bread, P for making a new pillowcase, easy stuff like that. We just try to visit some local places like the library, Hill AFB museum, parks, and other stuff. Once in a great while I'll take them swimming (if I have help) but that doesn't happen often. We just chill at home most days and do crafts and watch movies. It's kind of fun not to have a schedule! But I can't wait until school starts!!!

Jill and Paul said...

I think the mud was a great idea! It's free and accesible EVERYDAY!!