Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A day to play

Today we went to Sugar House Park with 2 of my sisters, Jill and Caroline, to feed the ducks. Unfortunately someone had dumped out a ton of bread and so they weren't interested in ours, so we took them over to the playground for a bit. Bri decided to take them over to the stream and while I ran to get my camera, they were already shoeless and getting wet. I then realized that I am a lame parent. I would have probably said no because I didn't want them to get wet, or muddy or whatever lame excuse I could have come up with, but lucky for them, Daddy was there to let them enjoy being a kid. I mean really, what do they care if they're wet. They had a blast and it was fun to watch them having fun. I'm glad Brian was there to let them get in before I could have said no. Anyway, here are a few pictures for ya.






15 comments:

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Kids wash up 'real good.' They'll always remember that you let them get down and dirty in the mud.

Jill and Paul said...

love it! that was really fun & i agree too! sometimes we just say no because half of the things they do we need to say no to, but if we just take a second to think about what we wouldve wanted to do as a kid...we'd probably say yes to a lot more things! the park was really fun and i loved the pics you sent me!

Jill and Paul said...

Hey, I still read your blog, not every week but I haven't missed anything. Just so you know. Yesterday was fun and don't worry, at least you realize that you can improve, that's awesome! I need to improve on playing more too, so we're in the same boat. You're great, and you make a "cute pregnant lady." :) Love Kid

Chell said...

What cute shots you got. Sometimes it is good to just let them be kids!!

melanie33 said...

I know how you feel. It's kind of like the good cop, bad cop in parenting. But I think we moms tend to be more that way than dads because we are the ones doing the cleaning up after messes! And sometimes the thought of the mess overrides the fun.

Julie said...

I'm the same way. I have to force myself to relax a little more and not worry so much about a little dirt. Those pictures are so cute. Sounds like a very fun day at the park...even better that dad got to come along.

Kristina said...

Cute layout! Loving the new colors and the picture at the top is way cute!

Krystal said...

What a good reminder on how to let kids be kids. I am the same way, for some reason I just don't like it when Trey gets all wet and muddy when he's in his clothes. I guess I need to work on that. It's a good thing our kids have Dads!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. By the way I love your new title picture. So Cute!

Doré said...

Great pictures Michelle! I especially like the one on your banner. So cute! It looks like they had fun. It's hard to relax and not parent too much. But usually those are the times that are the funnest and create great memories.

Jill and Paul said...

i love the new lay out! but i especially LOVE the pic of the kiddos at the bridge! so cute!

Jessica said...

I totally would have been the same way! Somehow, I think I get in a lame mom rut sometimes. It's nice when someone reminds me to let go a little.

Brock and Tyra said...

I still can't believe you are due in 3 weeks. I'm as big as you are with months to go! You're a hot mamma.

Can't wait till you sell your house and come live a little closer to us!

Crystal said...

Very cute pictures! Very cute kids!

just jen said...

elder chudleigh!

i saw your comment on sariah lloyd's blog and had to come check your family out! your family is adorable...i still remember you and elder booth, and i think hospitalet was one of my favorite areas. sounds like you are doing great. i have a blog too, but it is private. send me an email and i will invite you.

hermana noble (jen)

jenespanet(at) gmail.com

Tierney said...

Cute new blog background! Also, I can't believe you're almost due. It seems like that has gone by so fast...probably not fast to you though!