All in all I'd say January was a pretty good month. However, I AM ready for more sun, I AM ready for warmer weather, I AM ready for cleaner air and so it's a good thing I'm going for a weekend break with Brian to Arizona! But to recap the past week, Elizabeth thought she'd doll up Caroline. This was her finished product. Later that day she said, " Mom, I want to be a person who does hair and make up when I grow up. I don't know what it's called, but I'm good at it aren't I?". So cute.
Elizabeth talked me into letting her have a friend bday party. Brian.... not so much. I started out telling her she could have 3 girls, but somehow we ended up with 7. It was fun though. First we started out with them painting their own shirt. It was fun to see how creative they were. I remember doing this with my parents when I was younger. I think my Dad still has his... just kidding Dad. (Actually, I might need to check his closet!) I forgot to mention it to the Moms so they wouldn't wear nice clothes, so last minute I came up with this great idea of cutting a hole in the bottom of a trash bag and slipping it over their heads. It worked great as an apron!
Elizabeth wanted to play all the games like Twister, pin the tail on the donkey and Limbo, so we did. I thought this picture was so cute of all of them.
After Twister, we had a treasure hunt with about 8 different clues and at each spot there was an envelope with 2 puzzle pieces in it. Once they collected all of them, they were to put it together and figure out what it was. It was a picture of Elizabeth.
After presents, cake and ice cream, we watched the annual bday video. I love watching my kids and how much they love watching them and love showing their friends. Makes it worth the time and effort of putting it all together.... like 8 times. (Our program was wacked!)
I think they all had a great time. A final shot with them all in their creations. Good group of girls!
I'm a little behind in getting Elizabeth's 7 year old picture done and now we're going to have to wait even longer because last night we had an incident! I was wrapping the kids up in a sheet and they were trying to get out. They were laughing and having so much fun and then they wanted to make it harder and do it one at a time. Well I wrapped Elizabeth up and tied it behind her back and put her on her stomach on the floor and said I'd be right back. Well a minute later she came hoping in behind me and right as I thought.... bad idea, she full on face planted it onto our scale. I mean full on facial impact. No bent knees, no hands bracing her fall, just her mouth and nose. One step more and she would have smacked either into the counter or the handles on our drawers. She was bleeding out of her nose and her mouth so I couldn't figure out where the problem was at first, but then, of course, it was both places. She immediately had a bruise on her nose and her lip was swelling by the second. No teeth were knocked out though, so that was good, although we could have easily fixed that! :) Her nose didn't seem to be too bad. The bleeding was minor and the swelling wasn't too bad, until later that night. Then I was worried she had broken it. I ended up taking her into the doctor and they said she should be fine. No xrays were necessary, just some good old ice and time for the swelling to go down! I wouldn't let her look at it because I knew she freaked out, but a few hours later she caught a glimpse and said, " that looks painful." Such a funny girl. She also said," Mom, I learned an important lesson today didn't I?" I didn't know what it was, so I asked, " I learned you never walk with your hands tied behind your back." Glad we're learning something!
On a side note, I was rough housing with Cooper and Caroline, and Cooper had me in a choke hold, so I prenteded to die thinking he might give up. Well, about 10 seconds of my charade Caroline threw her body on top of me and was sobbing. I had no idea what had happend. "I thought you were dead and it made me so sad." How sweet and sad is that? I said, "well that makes me feel good that you were sad instead of jumping up and down saying "yay, she's dead". Oh the sweet moments. Ha!



4 comments:
such great pics! and what a great party! that took a lot of effort to put together. bummer lip.
You must be the funnest mom ever! Glad the mishap with Elizabeth wasn't too serious. Always enjoy seeing pictures of your family. Have fun in Arizona! Will you get to visit Jill?
I loved these last few posts. Elizabeth looks so stinking old and cute and so does everyone else. I was laughing. Great pics
What a sweet little "thought you were dead" story.
Post a Comment