Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lagoon Day

Tuesday we took the girls to Lagoon. Since we pass it every week on the way to Wee-Mama and Papa John's, they ask us every week if we can go. Well, we had planned the day about a month ago since Bri has Tuesdays off. Unfortunately though, the weather predicted a 50% chance of rain all day. Big surprise right? With all the rain we've been getting, we figured it was probably going to happen. However, we hoped that if we took the risk, maybe a lot of people wouldn't show up because of that forcast. Boy did that chance pay off!!!

We got there right when it opened and the first ride they wanted to go on was the ferris wheel. We were the only ones on it. After that, we hit a few of the other rides on that side. They were so excited to go on all the rides. I was thinking we needed to hit all the big rides before they got too long of a wait, but turns out that we waited longer for the little kid rides. But still, not long at all. I think the longest we waited might have been about 15 min for 3 or 4 rides. For the other 30 rides, we were either right on, or just waited for the ride to finish. It was amazing!!!

After a few of the smaller rides, we split up. Bri went with Elizabeth and I went with Caroline. I love this picture 'cause we were on the flying planes and you can see the motion in the background. It almost made me sick. I'm not the same tough cookie I used to be. Rides that go around and around make me sick pretty quick. When does that change?!

One of the rides has water spraying out at you and you have to push this lever to fly up or down. Well Liz and I did great avoiding the water. Brian and Caroline, however, missed the instructions that the lever in between them is what made them go up and down. He kept trying to push these "buttons" that didn't even push in. He was so confuzed as to why he couldn't go up and down. Apparently they got a little wet.

The girls loved the spinny fast ones. This one would go around fast and then would switch and go backwards. Made me sick! They loved it though.



We took them on the big pirate ship. I love that one. They were having a good time on it until I told Brian to grab their arms and lift them up. Then they both started crying and freaking out. We still got them to go on it again about 4 more times, but they had to put their heads in our laps.

We did the train ride and saw the cool animals. Forgot they even had any.


They of course loved the carousel.


I brought some ponchos in case it did rain and they actually came in handy for the log flume and water rapids ride. Some people were being dumb like "isn't that the reason you go on this ride? To get wet." Bet they were jealous later when they were still wet and it wasn't so warm anymore.



We had so much fun being together and it was nice to do something together that we all liked to do. The girls went on so many of the big ride, well, mostly only Elizabeth was tall enough, but I was surprised that she went on so many of the big ones. She loved this one called Spider, but hated the Fire Dragon. But, she went on it and I was proud of her for doing it. The best ride to me was Wicked. That is such an freakin' awesome ride! Love it!!! If you go, you have to go on it!


After round 2 on the water rides, we took a journey through Pioneer Village. The shops were fun to look through. We were the only ones there. Not that it's ever a hot spot, but the only ones?! I'm telling you, probably the best day of the season to go! And what's a trip to Lagoon without a trip to the dentist?! :)

I loved this one of Elizabeth where her hair was blowing and just looks so fun and carefree. Oh to be a kid again!

Brian and I were worn out before the girls were. They wanted to keep going, so we took them to the kid rides and took a seat for about 30 min while they went on a bunch of them. Before we got to the park we had Elizabeth say a prayer and just ask Heavenly Father to hold off the rain as long as he could. It didn't even sprinkle until 5:30 and that was for about 2 min and then it didn't start again until 8:30. I brought it up to Liz and she said, "well, that was a good one (prayer)." I thought that was so funny. It rained pretty good from 8:30-9:30 when we left. But, lucky for my preparation, we had our ponchos and could hold out as long as we did. Brian and I did Wicked in the rain and it totally pelted you in the face. It was so fun! Since we had our ponchos though, we were able to cover our eyes at least, so we could watch and not have our eyes pelted out. Oh it was a good day. Here's a pic of Elizabeth on the boat ride when we actually did need the ponchos. Too fun. It was a great day!

We hopped in the car and Caroline was out in 2 min. Elizabeth stayed awake and I asked her why she didn't just go to sleep. "I'm waiting for the soup and hot chocolate." Funny girl. I can't believe she held out. We ate and went to sleep. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching Coop and Isa so we could do Lagoon big kid style!

9 comments:

Chell said...

Oh Wow what a fun day your 4 had. Sounds like you really did pick the perfect day to go with no crowds.

lisa said...

OUr kids love Lagoon too. We take all three of them in the morning, then get a sitter for coop and take the girls back at night. I guess we're lucky we live so close to it! I remember begging to drive ALL THE WAY up to Farmington when I was a kid so we could go there! If you want to go back, we can get discount tickets for any day!!!

Doré said...

Looks and sounds like fun. Love all the fun pictures. I remember going to Lagoon on stake Lagoon day. The ride up seemed to take forever. That's great your parents watched the little ones. Ever since I had my kids I cannot tolerate motion sickness like I could before. Perfect that it didn't rain on you!

Julie said...

This looks like such a fun day! And what a GREAT idea to leave the little ones at home. I haven't been to lagoon since probably jr. high. This really makes me want to take my kids this summer.

Alicia H said...

I am glad you had such a great time...although I am sure you would have had more fun going with us! But WHATEVER! Hope to see you when we are in town.

Britt Chudleigh said...

Those pics are so cute. Guess I haven't been to Lagoon for a while since I hardly recognized anything! We miss you guys. :) Lets get together. Seriously. What is your e-mail. Mine is peterbritt@aol.com

Mel said...

I just read "waiting for the soup and hot chocolate" funny girl

Sarah said...

what a blast. how fun to have a trip with just the big girls. Cracks me up about you saying the people without ponchos probably didn't feel so smart when it cooled off. sooo michelle :) what a sweet deal to get there on a day when you had no lines. I agree about that fun shot of Elizabeth with her hair blowing. And about the rides making you a little sick now when they didn't used to. what happened? fun times - good parents.

Caroline said...

Those pictures are so stinkin' cute. I know I say that on so many of them, but that's only because it's true. I think it's great y'all do so many fun things with your kids