Friday, June 19, 2009

2 Great Finds!

Last week we called a friend to be a scout in finding us a car. A day later he called and said he had bought it. We weren't expecting it to happen so fast, but he found us a great car. Brian loves driving it and it would fit our whole family if it needed to, so that was exciting. Also, as many of you know, I lost my wedding ring. I had been looking at rings to "hold me over" and my Mom let me borrow one of hers until I could get one. I said a prayer a week ago that if it was still in this house, to please let me find it, 'cause if it was here, in a week, that would be the end of it. Well, my friend Alicia gave me 2 pairs of pants that were exactly the same. One was a little snugger than the other, so I set them aside and just wore the other ones. I was packing up some clothes and packed one of them away. Apparently I packed away the ones I wore because I put these other ones on and they were looser. I was tucking the pockets in and my hand struck something that made my heart beat faster. I pulled it out and there it was shinning in my hand.... my wedding ring. I couldn't believe it. I must have accidentally switched which pants I was wearing and hadn't put those on for 7 months. It was funny because I wasn't in love with my ring and had been contemplating getting what I had originally wanted.... a band type ring, but once I found it, I loved it and now don't want the band. Well, not to replace anyway. :) So all in all, a good week of finds!


4 comments:

Alicia H said...

That makes me so happy that in some way that I am not really related to, but feel as though I am, you found you RING! I got a little blurry eyed...I have to admit. Miss you guys! Maybe we will see you this coming week. Call me if I don't call you. Even though you have tons going on too. Maybe between the two of us, we will make it happen. ok c u

Brooke said...

Oh man, I've done the lost ring thing before, so I (fortunately) completely understand how wonderful it is to find it! That's great news. :0)

Jill and Paul said...

good thing you found your ring, cause it would have been a really expensive month for you if you hadnt! sweet car!

Chell said...

Hurray for finding the ring! Congrats on the new wheels too!!