Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers

We had a nice Father's Day. I'm blessed to have great Father's around me. My Dad is a great man. He was always a patient Dad when we were growing up. How he managed to keep a cool tone when frustrated, I'm not sure. Still haven't figured out how to do that one yet. I don't remember either one of my parents yelling at us growing up. I've managed to make up for that I'm sure! My Dad has great faith and patience. He's very understanding and compassionate and puts others feelings and needs before his own.
My hubby is a great Dad to our munchkins. He changes diapers all the time without me nagging him about it, he gets them ready for bed and reads them stories and definately does more than his fair share to take care of them. They love playing with him and he is a very hard worker which I hope they will learn from him. He has a lot of things I know they will learn from him, many of which he learned from his own Dad, Dave. On our honeymoon we went to Mexico and Brian was bartering with a man for a hammock. He got him down quite a bit and then ended up giving him more than what he had gotten it down to. When I asked him why he said, "my Dad taught me that. He said, "these people are trying to make a living and they've got kids and stuff and they just need to make some money", so not to rip them off too bad." I was impressed by that and through the years, his parents have given us 2 cars and helped us out many other ways. They are very giving people. Brian has told me several stories about his Dad's compassion and willingness to give to those in need. He has a gentle heart and loves his family.
I'm so grateful to have these wonderful men around me and part of mine and my children's lives.
Each year we have a new kiddo I've made a shirt for Bri for Father's Day. Kind of a fun tradition. Here's the picture we printed on his shirt this year. Love these kiddos!

2 comments:

Alicia H said...

too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Jill and Paul said...

i do love the shirt-tradish!