Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?



So almost 2 months ago I woke up and noticed my eye lashes were missing on the inside of my right eye. I didn't freak out until a week later I noticed that the outter lashes on my left eye were missing too. I started reading on line about it and it's apparently very common. I debated getting fake eyelashes until they grew back in because, I'm sure most of you don't know, but they take
F O R E V E R to grow back!!! Well, I didn't get any fake ones and long story short, I was using my eyelash crimper and noticed that when it clamped down it was shaving off the rubber piece, so guess what that meant? Yup. It cut my eye lashes off. If you'll notice the "bald" spots are in the same spot the crimper was hitting. I stepped on it a while ago and just tried to keep using it, but apparently that was a bad idea. Oh well. Better cut off lashes than something else I guess.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Funny picture~~~Glad you figured it out! So funny!!! But not...

Mel said...

nice-better than something else. What would that something else be? Oh...funny

Kendall & Nichole said...

That is the funniest story I have heard in a long time. Someone must be way too busy with 4 kids under the age of what.... 6? Glad you figured it out!

em said...

That's so funny! I had eye surgery last summer and they clipped my lashes on that eye and don't you know that they grew back twice as thick and long as my other eye?? It took a while but I've been seriously debating whether to clip my other eyelashes just to get fuller, lusher lashes on that eye too! So...there's an upside :)

Sarah said...

Dude - the beginning of your story had me worried. I'm so glad to hear that it was self inflicted - and totally fixable :)

Brooke said...

Oh no! Time for a new curler, no? They'll grow back. (Won't they?)

Alicia H said...

oh no! But that is kind of funny. I can't believe it...did you think you had an eyelash disease? It is my biggest fear. Hang in there. Maybe one day they will grow back...or you could...well we won't go there.

Chell said...

Oh I am glad it wasn't something more serious, but once I knew the cause I had to chuckle, it is so somehting i would do..

Jill and Paul said...

Hi-lar-i-ous! i cant stop laughing!