So Cooper got burned again. No chemical this time, just the stove top. Brian was helping me get dinner ready and he told Cooper the stove was hot and just as Brian took the pan off, Cooper stuck his hand down. He was pretty upset of course, but he's been doing really well. He didn't really complain the day after it happened. It was sad though because I gave him soup, not thinking about him not being able to use his hand, and I was thinking "he's kind of struggling with that soup. My sister then pointed out he was using his left hand. It was actually kind of amazing to me how good he was with his hand.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Again...
Posted by Michelle C at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
OH NO! This is terrible news. We of course know exactly what you are going through. I worry about the burns. Are you going to take him to a doctor or just let them be. When Ber had her hands burned they (the docs) had to debreve (sp?) them daily. It was not fun, but it kept the infections away. Keep me posted on how he is. SO SAD!
I HATE these pictures!!!
Poor baby.
Oh, Alicia- the word is "debride", pronounced "breed." It means to remove the dead tissue or to remove a foreign matter by surgery. My Daddy was supposed to have that done. I'd never heard of it before.
However, since you said it was a daily thing maybe it doesn't have to be surgery....!
Meanwhile- keep that boy away from the stove! love.
Ouch! Curren did the exact same thing when he was about 3 yrs old. He placed his hand right on the burner after being told not to. His hand looked just like that. It was his second burn also. It didn't seem to bother him much so we didn't take him to the doctor. It healed up really quick without a scar at all. I think the skin in that area is somewhat thicker. I hope Cooper feels alright.
oh my heck! That looks horrible! I hope it heals quickly. Oh, that just kills me! Poo guy.
oh man!! That is awful! That is the worst burn I've seen. Poor little guy! I would totally be freaking out! I whine from a tiny curling iorn burn... I feel so bad for him!
Oh man that looks painful. Glad he is okay and that it hasn't impacted his eating..
Ah--I can't even look at it for too long! It is so sad when little kids get hurt! You didn't call me this time??? Good thing Brian was home! Hope Coop gets better and that his hand doesn't hurt too bad!
Ouch, I did that with an iron, but I was older and should have known. Every boy seems to have a few burns and scars I guess.
Poor Cooper! I feel so bad for the little guys. I mean that would kill, and it looks like it hurts. It sounds like he is a tough kid!
ouch. seriously - yuck. Kiss that cute face of his lots to help him heal faster :)
ok thats WAY worse than what i had imagined. poor buddy.
Post a Comment