Monday, January 26, 2009

Elizabeth turns 6

So Elizabeth turned 6 years old yesterday. Crazy! The first thing out of her mouth that morning was, "do I look taller?". Funny girl. I feel bad her birthday was on Sunday. Sunday is supposed to be the calmest stress free day isn't it? Well, far from for our family! We start church at 9:00, so we didn't have any bday festivities before, then I got a new calling ( 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency) and had a 2 hour meeting after church, so no festivities yet, then Elizabeth said she wanted to have dinner at Wee-Mama's and Papa John's, so as soon as I came home I had to pack up all the dinner, cake, ice cream, wrap all the presents, get the kids dressed, again, burn Liz's bday video and head out. Not exactly calming! Then we drove through crazy snow and finally got there. She wanted a Darth Vader cake for her bday. Darth Vader! I mean, had I asked a few weeks earlier I could have done something better, but she didn't want anything else, so I did what I could. I couldn't find my decorating stuff and just ran out of time, so she ended up with a make shift one. She seemed fine about it, but I felt bad. She loved her presents and all day kept telling people, "I'm in charge today 'cause it's my birthday", which for her meant watching Star Wars and playing Lego Star Wars, which isn't allowed on Sunday. We might have to rethink that one! :) We sure love this girlie. She adds quite a bit of spice to our life. Love you girlie!




8 comments:

Mel said...

will was just singing, "Happy birthday to you, Lizbis" Funny. We had fun yesterday. Good job with dinner!

Ginnie said...

Happy birthday Elizabeth. You look taller! ;)

Doré said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! I can't believe she is 6 already...they grow too fast. Hope she had a great birthday...the cake looked great! Congrats on your new calling.

lisa said...

Yeah--Primary! You'll definately get involved now!!! I love the cake--wanna make one for coop's birthday???

Alicia H said...

How could I have forgotten...life is crazy, but you know this. Ok So Happy Birthday to you (liz) repeat a few times...and vwalla! Crazy that we have kids this old. So fun...

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! I think you and Curren could be best friends. That kid breathes, sleeps, talks Star Wars. He would be jealous of that cake...heck, I'm jealous of that cake. Good job with doing a thousand things in one day...Elizabeth's smile shows it!

Lisa said...

Don't beat yourself up. The cake was darling and she had a great day! Thanks for sharing it with us, Miss Elizabeth!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Liz!!! I love the cake - you're a great mom for even attempting. Good luck with your new calling. I'm sure you'll love it and do great.