Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm Okay


So I put the kids to bed at 6:30. That doesn't mean they went to bed then, but I had moments of peace here and there. Caroline has been having issues going to bed so I told her if she got in the bed I'd give her a surprise. She went in her room and I brought up their Chrismas tree that had lights on it and put it in their room. A little later Liz was yelling to me because Caroline was getting out of the bed, so I made them a bed under the tree. A few minutes later Liz came out and said they wanted Christmas music to listen to, so I did that. A few minutes later Liz called me to tell me she wanted to sleep in the Santa hat. So that's what the picture is of. Our sweet little Liz sleeping under the Christmas tree with her Santa hat on listening to Christmas music. One of the little things that I do love about being a Mom. Seeing sweet little innocence like this and the joy and excitement of a child. Notice, however, that Caroline isn't there. She didn't go to bed for 3 hours after I put her in bed the first time. :) Anyway, so the kids slept until almost 8:30, basically unheard of without Caroline coming in our room several times during the night, so I feel well rested and ready for the day. Amazing what a nights rest can do. Change that, a nights Good and Uninterrupted rest!

2 comments:

Jill and Paul said...

now that is what being a parent is all about. how sweet. dont you wish everyday life could always be as magical as it is during christmas.

Chell said...

Cute Story and cute picture!!