Monday, September 7, 2009

What's up doc?

This last week was fun and semi-eventful. In no particular order....

After a few drives back and forth to Bear Lake we noticed there were Elderberry bushes in the mountains. After some debate on whether or not it was stealing to pick the berries (in the wild on the side of the road) we decided to pick some and make some jelly. Brian grew up on this jelly and they never got sick. I've heard great things about the berry and thought we should give it a try since everytime Caroline gets sick it goes right to her lungs, and maybe it will help ward off the swine flu. :) It was quite a process. The worst part was picking the little suckers off the branch. It took literally hours. Brian was the main maker here. He loved making it. Hope this bit lasts a while 'cause I'm in no hurry to make more!

Elizabeth and I need to have another date night. They are so good for both of us and so fun. No other kiddos tuggin' at your legs, just me and Elizabeth. And... you find out the funnies things like this....

We walked into Sam's club and she said, "when I was little I used to think that was the Holy Ghost". Talking about the tire guy. How funny is that. We've been into Sam's a number of times, but this was the first time I'd ever heard it. I thought that was so funny, had to whip out the camera of course.

Well part of our date was to find her a church dress. Let me just say that I cannot believe how much little girls dresses cost!!! We went to a few mall places first and then Old Navy and Kohls. All except for Old Navy, the dresses were $50. I haven't ever spent that much money on a dress for me!!! Well, except for my wedding dress, and that was paid for by the ma and pa of course. (Thanks!) We finally found one on clearance at Kohl's. I showed Bri and do you know what the first thing he said was? "It looks like you". But it's true. It's "hippie-ish" which I'm not a hippie dresser, but it's got the pattern, bell sleeves and such. It's way cute one her.
While at Old Navy she wanted to go to each manaquin and say hello. She was being silly of course. After our success at finding a dress and a long sought after necklace (like the 3rd replacement), we ran to the store and grabbed some treats and then headed out to see Up in the theater. We don't take them to movies, well ever really because the last time we went it was a nightmare. We have yet to make it through a whole movie with all the family there at the end. It's been over a year though. Elizabeth has always been good. She's a movie junkie. It was fun. It's so fun to see the magic in their eyes as they watch things. I love being able to spend time with them 1 on 1. I see a totally different side and helps remind me why I love them so much.


Cooper seemed to have contracted the cough the girls got. Caroline had it in PA and Randy prescribed some medicine for her and thankfully she got better. Elizabeth got it a week later and Cooper a week after that. Cooper was on and off with the fever and was coughing ALL THE TIME!!! So after almost 2 weeks, we took him in and turns out he had pnuemonia. Blah! Apparently there are several different strains of pneumonia and he caught the only contageous one, from Caroline we're sure! He's doing better now, meaning he's actually eating and getting off the couch, but this was pretty much his whole day for about a week.

Caroline has been anticipating the start of pre-school for who knows how long, but the day finally arrived. She was so excited to wear her new outfit and head over to the "school". It's in a lady's basement and on the front there's a rainbow. If the rainbow has a smiley face on it then she's ready for the kids to come in. If not, they need to wait. When I took her over and we were waiting outside, I was talking to another lady in the neighborhood. I missed the teacher coming outside and turning the rainbow face because I look up, the teacher is out and Caroline is running, infront of all the other kids. She didn't even let me give her a kiss goodbye. She did turn around at the top of the stairs and say, "the rainbow's smiling Mom!" and then ran in. It was so cute how excited she was!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

The juice looks great! Is it tart? Or does it taste like a currant?? Fun with Elizabeth and Caro is such an "Into it " girl! Where's Isabelle?...
Glad Coop's doing better!

Alicia H said...

How fun! I always enjoy "catching up" from your blog. Thanks for sharing. Kyle is LOVING pre-school also. Just no pics because no CAMERA! AARRGH! =)

Mel said...

those are fun pictures! I think caroline is beautiful! And that's so funny about the holy ghost. Hope yall are coming down soon! It's been too long!

Caroline said...

I love this last posting. The jam-diagram was funny and the pics of you and Elizabeth were great. And oh my goodness- such a cute outfit on Caroline. Very good blog quality

Krystal said...

Ok so that last picture just says BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean really, I love it. She looks so cute. Sounds like a fun few days. Bear Lake agian, you really live the life. You'll have to go again for us. Kind of nice for you to live so close. Nothing beats Bear Lake!

Krystal said...

Also I just got on your photo blog and your pictures are amazing! You've always been good, but I must say you have gotten even better. Really nice job!

Suzy Q said...

Very good way to drain the juice - hanging the mesh bag like that. Did you pick the berries with a pick? That's easier than with your hands!! Sounds like a great day out with Liz. Poor Cooper. Caroline looks so cute in that outfit!

Doré said...

Love reading your updates. Sounds like you are always busy with something. Hope Cooper feels better soon!

Carleton & Robyn said...

So fun to see you guys. I have been thinking about our book. I'll send you some ideas within the next 2 weeks. I'll send you pics I took of the book for a reference.
Brian did an awesome job!!