We had a great weekend with the Porter side this past weekend. We had everyone come up to stay at our house (minus Paul :() and planned a few local things. The first thing we did was float the canal on Friday. Good thing too since the next morning we read in the paper that they are closing it off so that no one can get in. We are glad we got up here in enough time to do it 'cause it was way cool. We made a few trips down. First trip down Mel and Will's float popped, so they had to wait for Greg and Papa John to finish the ride and then start again to bring them a float. There really isn't a good place to get out... maybe I see some of the reason for closing it down. Time #2 down we went without the kids and Jill popped hers. I wish I had my camera with me 'cause it was so funny to see Jill and Mel sharing a tube.
We came home and had some dinner and Brian kept on mysteriously disappearing and then he gathered the men into our office for like 6 hours. My hunny-bunny had planned a surprise for me. See, we've had this computer for about 6 years. Our friend built it for us in dental school. 
Well now that Brian had the laptop at work, I had to use this one and it just wasn't keeping up with all my photoshopping and video making, so Brian surprised me with this....
I couldn't believe it. He had been planning it for about a month and he was working on it with my bro-in-law Greg. Greg built it from scratch and made it specifically for pictures and videos. It has 2 screens that are like one so that I can lay everything out and not have everything down on the bottom. It has been heaven working on it with all the picture stuff. There are so many cool things that make everything so much easier and it's got a great web cam and surround sound. I was so surprised. I think I would have started crying if all my family wasn't crammed into the room to watch me walk in there! I don't get many surprises, but when I do, Bri goes all out! This was definitely a good one!
Saturday morning we girls woke up and went garage sale-ing. We had a good time and had good success. When we got back, the kids were fed, the kitchen was clean and breakfast was ready. Some good men we got there!
After breakfast and lunch, we headed up to Bear Lake and spent the day there. It was perfect weather and so much fun!



The kids had a little race...
Cooper didn't quite get it. He made it to the end though with a smile on his face.
The adults had a race...
Greg killed them.
We had such a great weekend with everyone. Good times, good food, good company. We played games and even tried to be sneaky by ruining Brian's undefeated record in "Time's Up" and put him with Greg. Joke was on us though. Not only did Brian remain undefeated, but I'm pretty sure that he and Greg had the biggest win yet on that game.
We can't wait for our next summer retreat next year!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Family weekend & big surprise
Posted by Michelle C at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
So much fun! Thanks for taking all the pics and thanks for planning the festivities and hosting it! What fun memories we made.
Cody says 45 min. away from Bear Lake that rocks!!! We had so much fun looking at all your fun pictures from your last few post. I mean man you've been on a lot of trips! One fun day after another. Looks like life is good! I love your new desk...and that computer! What a surprise! Now that is love, real love. So cute that you have that picture of you walking in with your eyes closed. What an exciting day! Have fun with that. It will really make your life easier!
Congrats on "big surprise"! That is awesome. But I do want to know...what is it with "greg's" building you all computers? FUNNY! Miss you all.
Wow! What a great vacation. I LOVE Bear Lake!!! How cool is your new computer(s)? Brian is awesome-and so is your Bro-in-law for building them! I bet you can get your stuff done really quick now! And Liz looks so grown up in her 1st day of school pic-ah!
What an awesome husband! You deserve a great work space though. How fun it must be to have all your family close by for get togethers! Fun pictures too!
that was a lot of fun. I see you changed the screen already! Funny. And the picture of all the girls looks lame with me in it. I'm all model-possed making fun of caroline. It just makes me look like a dork. I guess I am, so that works. We had a blast. Thanks for the fun weekend!
that looks like a great time with a great family... it's good to see all those sisters of yours! They are so GROWN!
Great pics Shell. I loved the whole weekend. Such a blast. Thanks. Also, do you think you could make me a cd of all the pics taken that weekend? That would be stellar
What fun suprise. I bet you are having a great time with the new computer. What a thoughtful husband.
That brother of mine is such a sweetheart! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment