Brian and I had a great weekend in Arizona at the Scottsdale Fairmont Hotel. It was amazing. I was a little worried as to whether or not I was going to get to enjoy it because Thursday I woke up and had a major headache followed by a sore throat. By the time my parents got to our house (they were so kind and willing to watch our kids) I was drained and fighting fever and chills. That night Brian asked me, " are you sure you don't want to stay home?". He's obviously never experienced being a sick mother! I said,"I'd much rather be sick in a hotel than sick at home!" Of course my parents would have taken care of me since they were already up here. They wouldn't leave me hangin'!
Well, we flew out Friday afternoon and in the airport I thought I was going to die. I was absolutely freezing and I don't remember ever having a sore throat like this. I couldn't even swallow spit. Gross, I know. But that meant for sure no food. I didn't eat until 5:00 that night. After my fever broke on the airplane, I was dying for some cool air, but then it made me freeze again 'cause it was cooling all the sweat. Gross I know yet again. I don't even take Ibeuprofen after a baby, so that's just letting you know how bad it was for me to take it. I stay away from medicine if I can, but it was extremely painful in my head and throat! Well, before we left for the airport, I asked Brian and my Dad for a blessing, so that combined with never letting Ibeuprofen out of my system, I was able to enjoy the trip.
We got there that night around 4:00 and had to hurry and get ready for the dental meetings that night. They had some great speakers and left some great impressions. After the meeting, some reps took us out to dinner, which was delicious. We didn't end up getting back to the hotel until close to 11:00. By then we were ready to crash!
We woke up the next morning and I ran over to the center with Brian to grab breakfast and then he headed on to more meetings and I headed back to the hotel for some truly solo time. It's not often that I'm without my kids, let alone my husband. I love them all, but to really relax "my way", I have to be without any of them. That way I can do what I want with no reserve. I took a long bath while reading a book (that never happens!) then laid in bed for a little bit to watch a little tv. A waste some of you may say, but I never get to watch anything I want during the day, so I watched a little home renovating. Then I headed out to the pool, book in hand and stayed out there until lunch time. I met up with Brian again and then stayed for another seminar and some hands on time with an updated piece of equipment he was wanting to get.
After the seminars and a little relax time, we met up with my cousin and her kids that live out close to where we were. We got some pizza, had a little chat time and then we headed back to the hotel to relax for a little bit before crashing for the night. The hotel was beautiful!
This is one of the pools lit up at night.
This is the pool that was right out our front door. They had 3 pools. 2 adult pools and another one that was more for kids with a shallow area, tubes and 2 big water slides. I sat by that one at first and all I could think about was how much my kids would have loved being there.
Everything there is so classy. This was the lobby and it was just beautiful!
Unfortunately my lens is still getting fixed, so I didn't have a very wide angle and this was as good as it got. This was our bathroom. You can't see all of it. There were 2 sinks, a built in laundry basket, a great tub and shower and all the fixtures, handles counter tops, everything was top notch.
The sunset our last night was beautiful. We were out enjoying the pool and I had to leave Brian so I could go grab my camera to try and catch it.
They have all these great spots around the pools. Here Brian is on one of the beds that you can lay out on. They have tented areas where you can be shaded from the sun and all the chairs are so comfy. At the kids pool they had a huge playground just up the steps, a covered sandbox, basketball hoops and vball net. Playtime everywhere!
Since my lens was too much of a zoom, I had to photostitch these last 2 together to show you the view out from the pool and our room. Next time I'll make sure I have a wider angle lens.

It was a great time and it's always nice to have adult time. Thanks to Mom and Dad for watching our kiddos and having fun with them while we were gone.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
A little piece of heaven
Posted by Michelle C at 1:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
AH! That hotel is freakin' gorgeous! Great pics. I do have one complaint- how come there are none of you or you two together?!
Looks like heaven! What a beautiful hotel! Glad you got some alone time. There is nothing wrong with chillin in bed watching the tv shows you never get to watch!!!
what a beautiful place! Did we leave our Nestle's Quik there?!! Sorry!!
How fun and relaxing. Im glad you werent too sick to enjoy the trip.
Thanks for the invite Michelle! Ooh, I love Scottsdale. I am jealous you guys got to go on vacation! I stayed at a resort there for a few days a few years ago. Very nice. Hey, where did you send your lens to get it fixed? I think one of mine is a little off (well, it tipped over on a cheapy little tripod and I'm not sure it's ever been the same since).
spoiled! looks amazing! thanks to your thoughtful sister who took you to and from the airport. you couldnt have done it without her! :)
Sorry you were sick. But it sounds like you had some needed break time - really fabulous place!
Your pictures totally make me miss the AZ sunsets! Jared and I still talk about them even after 6 years:) Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment