Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First almost stitches

Well Monday morning I got a call from Elizabeth's teacher. Somehow she slid on a LEGO and slit her leg open. I was sure she was going to be freaking out and bawling, but she never cried a tear. We got to the doctors office, yes, all 4 kids, and were in there for about 45 min before we walked out with some glue, bandages and a few suckers. I tried to find a neighbor to help with my kids, but I only really know 2 well enough to ask and one wasn't home and the other was leaving. How I miss my old neighborhood! :( So, we all went. I couldn't believe how brave Elizabeth was. She skipped out to the car on the way to the office and was coloring while waiting on the table. I'm so glad she didn't have to get stitches! After a few "moments", I caught Cooper making faces in the mirror. Didn't catch a great one, but thought it was funny he was doing that.




8 comments:

Jill and Paul said...

ok i love your new fam photo! really cute! and i cant believe how brave pipper was! thats SO not like her!! :)

The Skinners said...

Im glad shes ok. A lego??? Who would have guessed...

Mel said...

I'm glad they just glued it. And I'm glad you didn't come unglued being in that office for so long with all the kids. Wish you were closer. I could have watched them for you.

Sarah said...

hey - a new family photo!! totally cute. you do really well with black and white. I think it's your forte. glad Liz is okay, and I'm sure you'll meet great neighbors soon. You're easy to like. Next time I see you remind me to tell you about Liza's first stitches when she accidentally went for a ride up the garage door (I know, now you're dying for the whole story - you'll just have to call me).

Melinda said...

Always a new adventure--at least you know a doctor in the area now. Wish I could have helped out.

Heather said...

My mom used to just take my brothers to our dentist who lived in our ward when they needed stitches. Brian could've done it and saved you that whole trip!

Krystal said...

What a big girl! I'm glad she is ok. I can't believe you took them all to the doctor. Thats something I would do!!! By the way I love the new family picture.

Miss Crys said...

I love looking at your blog--the pictures are so beautiful--and you are too! I can't believe how many children you have--it is so fun to see the little family that we all knew you as expanding so fast!