Friday, August 8, 2008

To Goal or not to Goal

So I've been thinking a lot about goals lately. I used to be such a goal oriented person, but I can't remember the last time I made a goal and really tried with it. Well, I mentally made note of a few goals I wanted to achieve. Let me share with you.... one of them, which is a regular on my list, is losing weight. I've lost almost 4 pounds past my pre-pregnancy weight so I'm on the right track. How am I doing this you might ask yourself.... well, I'm not shy to share my secrets, so here they are.

1. Have a baby
2. Get up anywhere from 2-4 times a night for feedings
3. Throw your back out, well actually, tear a muscle in your back so that even if you were hungry, it's not worth the pain to get up and actually find something to eat.
4. Put your house up for sale so that even if you do have a few minutes to grab something to eat, you can't because you don't want to dirty a dish, counter, floor, etc. and you have to clean the whole house before they show up, if they show up!
5. Have your car break down, or your husband's car so he has to take yours therefore leaving you no time during the day to go to the store to get food. (As if I even would go during the day with 4 kids and a hurt back!)
6. To go along with #5, just don't buy food, then there's nothing to eat anyway!

So that's been what's working for me lately. :P) My goal though is to lose 8 pounds past the pre-pregnancy by my 6 week appointment. We'll see how it goes though. I haven't been the best at keeping up with my goals.

On a funny side note though, for those of you who are around me enough, one of my best known phrases is "tomorrow is a new day" meaning that I'll get back on the diet wagon tomorrow. So Brian said he was going to give up soda since he gets some every day at lunch. Well we had to leave last night for a showing and just went to get dinner and he got some sode. I said, "no soda huh". He said he was going to give it to the girls and just drink water. Well, then he told me he had soda for lunch, so the day was already ruined (we've all done that right? Stuff your face time.) so "tomorrow's a new day". He used my phrase. Thoughti t was so funny.

But something nice about Brian, he's been so great helping me out with my back being hurt. On Sunday I sat all day, really, and he made this wonderful dinner. The squash and beans were from his garden and we even sampled an ear of corn. Delicious. I got me a good man! :) He peeled the potatos with Cooper on his back 'cause he really wanted someone to hold him.


10 comments:

Alicia H said...

First of all, I can't believe you are past your pre-prego weight already! ARGH! I guess you didn't eat cream cheese danishes from costco like they were going out of style after you had the baby...well someone did! HEE HEE HEE.
I am proud of you...regardless. Hang in there. Hope to see you soon.

Mel said...

You're lookin' great! Keep it up! And that was cute of Brian. I've ha experiences with Greg like that. He's been such a help with dinner, cleaning, diapers, shopping. Like this morning, he got up and got us some milk before Will or I woke up! Cute! Love yoU!

Melinda said...

Goals are great, but make them realistic. You're accomplishing wonders with your family ever day, you just don't see the trophies as easily. A quote from my sister-in-law saws it well, "The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importane to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." - Thomas Moore

Lisa said...

Finally! Something new to look at! Coop is funny! I wish I had some beans. Told you you were looking slimmer. Keep it going.

Lisa said...

more baby pictures please.

The Skinners said...

Way to go on the baby weight... thats amazing. You look great no matter what though. Also thats a cute picture of Brian and Cooper. What a good husband.

Lisa said...

more of ALL the babies. Thank you.

Jill and Paul said...

brian is such a great daddy and hubby! and YOU are so great too! you do that all day long, day-in-day-out! and your kitchen looks great painted!

Jill and Paul said...

and ps...you look GREAT! i cant believe how small youre getting so fast! good job

Britt Chudleigh said...

Yeah, you did get yourself a good man. That picture is so cute. Do what you gotta do I guess. Brian is going to be the one with back problems after that. :)