Aside from getting our portable DVD player stolen out of our car, in my parents driveway, we had a GREAT Christmas. Christmas Eve we decided to start a new tradition of going out to eat. This year we went to Angie's and all the kids were actually good. We came home and did a shortened version of the Christmas story. Instead of just reading it we highlighted certain parts that named all the people in our nativity and then the kids would place them in the nativity setting. It works to keep them involved. After that, they opened their pajamas and one gift from their sibling were off to bed.
Caroline was thrilled about her Justin Bieber book from Liz.
Before the kids went to bed I told them if they woke up before us that there would be a string across the stairs with bells on it and they had to ring it to get us. I didn't want to miss seeing their reactions. Plus I have to turn on the tree, music and video camera. Quite a production! We heard the girls around 7:15 and they were just playing in their rooms. Bella and Cooper were in our room around 7:45 so I went to see what the girls were doing. They were playing the Wii. I was shocked. I wondered if they forgot about Santa. 15 minutes later the bells rand and we got going on the morning. I made them stand there and wait for a picture of course. It was a great Christmas with many wonderful gifts.
After a few hours we headed down to Sandy to hang with the family. We exchanged presents with each other and ate good food. I'm not sure who was more excited about this gift. JK.
We were able to get in a few games, eat way too much food, enjoy being with family and experience major chaos, but it was all great!



2 comments:
Fun! I'd like to see a pic of the kids seeing their Christmas~ and maybe I was singing a song to Isabelle!
Seriously what girl doesn't like dress ups???
Way cute pictures! I love that Caroline got a Justin Bieber book-my girls love him too. (yuck)Your family is adorable!
Post a Comment