Monday, October 11, 2010

The tell all

So there I was... 5:30 in the morning thinking, "okay, I could try to go back to sleep, but then I have to wake up in 30 minutes." It's really a dumb way of doing it if you ask me. Making us call so early in the morning. So I called at 6:00 AM they said be in by 7:30 AM. That was good at least, but then here I was again thinking, "ok, I could try and fall back asleep for 45 minutes and then get up" but I ended up just getting out of bed, making a good breakfast and getting ready to go. We got there and they put us in the room and checked everything. I was no dilation and no effaced, so it was a start from scratch. We got going on the petocin and just hung out .... FOREVER. It was the longest labor, but I didn't mind for 2 reasons. One, I could just lay there uninterrupted and I wasn't in pain, so it wasn't a big deal for me. Brian sat there on the computer and played games all day, even when the nurse was talking to him. We rented 3 movies from the redbox, Iron Man 2, Letters from Juliette and Last Song and watched 2 of those. Time went by and finally around 5:40 PM they had me push through 2 contractions and she was here. Piece of cake!







 


We were in Labor and Delivery for about an hour and then they moved us up to Mother Baby and Brian ran home and grabbed Liz and Caroline to come see Charlotte. They were so excited. I think Caroline might have been more excited about my food though. She said hi to Charlotte then asked if she could eat my brownie and she wanted to sleep over because she could eat my food. I thought that was pretty funny. It was love at first sight for the girls. They just adore her.
They were there for about 20 minutes then Brian took them home (thanks to Jill for watching and taking care of our kids for us!!!) and then when he came back he walked in with my favorite, Sweet Cream with raspberries from Cold Stone.  Some women get flowers or balloons or trinkets, he brought me my favorite ice cream and he didn't even know that I was thinking about it all day since I couldn't eat all day. He knows me so well.

It was a good sleep that night. We had her in the nursery and then they brought her out every few hours for feedings. The next day Brian brought all the kids 'cause I thought it'd be great to get a picture with all of them and let Bella and Coop meet her, but after about 5 minutes I was ready for them to leave. Bella climbed up on the bed, smashed my stomach, almost ripped out my IV, Cooper was putting his shoes all over the bed, Liz and Caroline were wrestling on the couch, so needless to say, it was a short visit!


This was as good as it got to get a picture of all of them. Sad.



After he dropped them back off again he came back with some beautiful flowers and some chocolate.  So sweet.


I stayed again Saturday night, which was nice. Brian had to go home with the kids, so it was just me and it was a good night. Very peaceful and only minor interruptions. I came home Sunday morning and the kids just love her. Charlotte seems to be a good baby so far. Caught a quick smile this morning. I see a slight dimple similar to Isabelle's. It's amazing how much their faces change each day. She was born posterior so she has a bit of swelling and red marks, but each day her face changes. Here are a few pictures from today. We're so happy to have her in our home!








6 comments:

Jill and Paul said...

how in the world do you have time to do your blog?! you kill me! cute pics. love bris pjs! love the dimple pic. love that you cut your face out of the ice cream shot! cute cute family!

Alicia H said...

oh how sweet! You all look to be doing well. Thanks for sharing. I ALWAYS love knowing whats going on. Sorry...I am not any better about it myself :(
By the way...you look GREAT!

Mel said...

That is so fun. I'm with Jill. I don't have time, or rather energy, to post any new blog. You're amazing! And she's beautiful! Congrats!

Suzy Q said...

She's so adorable!!! congratulations!!!

Heidi Berry said...

Michelle-
Congratulations to you guys! What a beautiful little girl. And I love her name. Hope you are adjusting to life with 5 kiddies. :) You do look great, by the way.

The Skinners said...

congratulations! Wow 5 kids I cant believe it. What a beautiful fam. I love the pictures.