I have a little catching up to do, so here we go.....
Brian's birthday was celebrated in the mountains for the Porter "reunion". Just my sisters (their families too) and parents, so not the big one. We headed up there right after he got off work and got everything set up just as it was getting dark. Brian is amazingly quick and had everything set up and in there in like maybe 40 minutes... by himself. Then we had a quick cake, singing and present opening moment. He's the big 32 now but definately not any slower yet!
I was in charge of making the breakfasts. We had sausage and eggs both day and one day we had pancakes with that and the other hashbrowns. It was yummy. Here's Coop and Will enjoying their breakfast in the morning.
I thought these were cute of Bri and Caroline. Bri looks hot even in the morning after camping!
After breakfast we got ready and headed out to Deer Creek for some water fun. It was a great day. The kids had a blast, as did the adults of course. If the kids are happy, then I'm happy. We took turns on Jill and Paul's jet ski, which everyone loved, as well as the fun on Mel and Greg's boat. Our kids were loving it!
Cooper had a midday nap, which was kind of amazing to me and Brian rocked his sunglasses don't ya think?! Ow baby!
That night we hung out and talked and laughed and just enjoyed each other, especially because we didn't light the fire this night. It was too stressful keeping the kids away from it the night before! The next morning we woke up and went fishing for a few hours. As is tradition, Brian, or those fishing with him, caught nothing. We were so close so many times. I think we lost all of our worms because those fish were so dang smart! They nibbled and ate them and we watched that dang bobble thing go under, but no fish ever came up with it. Oh well. The surrounds were beautiful!
That Sunday after all the camping, I had to have my Dad remind me it was Bella's bday. I would have remembered eventually, but how sad is that. I had her presents at home and we headed back up to Logan and had her very little party there. She started falling asleep during dinner so I hurried and wrapped her 2 gifts and made her open them so her bday didn't go by completely uneventful. She has been liking mermaids lately so we got her an Ariel doll and a Barbie mermaid movie. She seemed pleased enough.
I seem to be getting progressively worse at my cakes. That or just less time available to make them. Maybe both. Either way, she's been loving Max and Ruby (blah) and so I drew a Max on her cake. I asked her what it was and she said, "Mac", so I figured good enough if she can recognize it! Brian told me to take a picture of it but it was so..... unpicture worthy! Next year. :)
I think this was the next day eating some bday cake for breakfast. It was so funny all the faces she was making. I was glad I had my camera close and snapped them so fast. I rarely get her personality in her pictures.
The house is coming along. After my breakdown Brian took a step back and slowed down a little which has been nice for me. I need him to help keep me sane, so he's done good with that. I did face painting with the kids one day and they enjoyed it so much we did round 2 the next day. Cooper remained Batman, but you couldn't call him that, he'd get mad 'cause he's Cooper.
Saturday morning we got out earlier in the day to pick all the raspberries and red currants we could before it got too hot. The kids lasted about 20 minutes, maybe a little longer. I tried to get them to pick the berries on the outsides and let Bri go in the bushes, but they wanted to be in there with him. We got at least 5 pounds of raspberries on our first run and there are plenty more to pick. I'm going to make some red currant jam so we can decide if we want to pick more 'cause there are plenty more of those too!
I'm now down to just about 10 weeks to go, assuming they'll induce me again because of the Strep B stuff. I'm not too uncomfortable yet although sitting in church for 3 hours starts getting me there. That and without fail I'm falling asleep during Sunday School each week. Either need some sugar or the AC turned on. Other than that, all is well. We're moving forward with all our house stuff and the summer is almost over for the kids. School starts August 18th this year which is so early, but I think it'll be good for all of us!






6 comments:
All cute pics- the float colors with Coop..at the lake are gorgeous and those raspberries- seriously, are those yours or a stock photo- they look so perfect.
Good stuff.
How is it that you look so GREAT! You are an amazing woman. Don't ever forget or doubt that. Sounds like life is keeping you super busy. Can't wait to see you soon. Think of what you want to do and I will make it happen. I plan on getting a sitter and having a "girls" day. So bring your good shoes! :)
Beautiful picture of you Michelle. And I love all the boating ones. I need copies of the one of Will and Cooper and the kids on the boat! Love it!
LOve this post. Bri is a hottie- happy b-day to him, and I LOVE that last pic of you on the swing. You really are so freakin' gorgeous. And that was an amazing fam trip
How fun! You look so pretty pregnant!
i think that pic of you is one of the most beautiful pics you've ever taken. you look stunning.
Post a Comment