Since it was also Monday night, we elaborated on it for FHE and talked mainly with just Caroline and Elizabeth to make sure they understood what it was and what our goal was. To help them be more aware of how to respect others, I made a jar and each time any of us notice someone showing respect, we write down their name and how they did it and put it in the jar. Then in 2 weeks we're going to go over them and have a movie party. I think within the next 10 minutes we had over 10, so I told them that was good for today but to keep showing ways. The next hour and a half before bed were so pleasant and they seemed really excited about it.
Now you can see the picture right when you walk in the front door to hopefully remind all of us to show more respect. I had them sign a paper as a sort of commitment that we'll put on the back of the picture. They were excited about that too.
After our lesson Brian gave the girls a blessing and then Cooper jumped up on the stool and then after him, Bella did. I thought it was so cute. She was sitting there so still, holding her care bear and receiving her blessing. It was so sweet.
So Caroline woke up today and just couldn't wait. I signed her up for afternoon kindergarten figuring that it'd be easier when the baby comes. She just could barely stand it. We got her all dolled up for her first day and put her backpack on and took a few pictures before we left. I picked the girls up after school and they were outside holding hands waiting for me. It was so sweet and a perfect end to Caroline's first day of school.




9 comments:
what a neat tradition to start. I cant believe shes already in kindergarten!
I LOVE these pics! Cooper's eyelashes- good grief! I think you should send the blessing pic to the Ensign. Sweet.
so cute! respect is a great theme. i love back to school time and this tradition helps even the most reluctant kids love it too!
thanks for posting!
I almost got teary-eyed from the pic of Isabelle. That's so sweet, and Caroline looks so freakin' cute, I want that skirt. Cool idea about the goals
I could just cry at the picture of Izzy. She is just beautiful. And in her white dress, her messed up hair...so precious. I'm trying to get Porter a bed. It's too hard to rock him to bed when he's pushing on my tummy. And Caroline looks just so hip and adorable. It's all so cute. Did you make her skirt? I bet you did.
So cute! Isn't it amazing how kids eat up any creativity we as parents put in? So easy to please, for NOW anyway! onu
Your kids look so cute all ready for school. Your house looks so pretty. What a fun time of life we are in!
that pic of bella is priceless. im in love! and what a cute idea to do a theme! i'll have to remember that one! miss you.
I love the RESPECT idea! I'm going to copy that, for sure! Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment