Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Too long

I haven't done anything on here for a while. I've been tired and busy and tired of being busy! Just to fill in the last few weeks. My parents and sister came up to watch our kiddos while Brian and I went to Las Vegas for a "business" trip. Business for Bri, R&R for me! Before we took off though we went up to Bear Lake for a quick playtime.


In Vegas we stayed at the Caesar's Palace and it was pretty fancy. The thing that I was most surprised by was the tv in the bathroom mirror. The bathroom was beautiful!
 It was so nice to wake up and get out of bed when I wanted to, but that wasn't as great as going to the pool and reading and getting in when I wanted to without worrying that one of my kids was going to drown! On Thursday after Bri's courses we walked around a little and went to dinner, got some dessert and then fell asleep pretty early. Friday we were able to see our good friends the Heideman's and that was fun as always. We miss hanging out with them. Alicia and I hung out at the pool until the guys were done and then we went to dinner with them and then went for a little dip in the pool and hot tub. Good times!
Brian's been crazy busy taking care of all the yard work and demolition that we've needed. A few weeks ago Greg (the bro-in-law) came up with Mellie and the boys and Brian helped him put in our lighting in the kitchen. We had to get it done now because we're getting insulation in our attic and it was going to be way easier to do it now. Along with that, we had to get rid of the squirrels that were living up there too, so that seems to be out of the way. Anyway, they started on the project at about 10:30 and wouldn't you know, the first thing they did was discover that the ceiling was cracked under the fluorescent light, so they had to add in the project of cutting out the sheet rock and adding more in. Blah! Never as easy as it should be. Long story short, they finished around 2:00 A.M. That was a long long day! :) But we are really happy with how it turned out. Now...if I could get my whole kitchen clean at the same time I'd take a picture, but that seems to be a major challenge these days. I'll work on it.

This past weekend Greg (and crew) came up again and this time he was installing a electrical socket so we could use our dryer. There was a gas hook up here and we've been using it, but the dryer is majorly old and sounds like it's going to blow up, so Greg so kindly rearranged his schedule to come up and get that in for us. It was another lengthy project, but he got it done. Unfortunately, during the process he discovered mold in between the laundry and bathroom walls, so Brian has since ripped that out and there's a big hole in the bathroom downstairs. I pulled up the wallpaper (which came up so easy, like a stick on. I was amazed!) and behind that was more mold. Apparently it was just surface though, so hopefully that won't be an issue, but it's just another project to add to the list, and one that was way down on the the list!
We've had a dumpster again for a few weeks and Bri has filled it every night. I am so amazed and his work ethic and how he just gets out there and gets it done and so fast. He's amazing! This was how our backyard looked last week:


 There are a ton of currant and raspberry bushes and grape vines along the back mixed with Virginia creeper and night shade and it was really overtaking the yard. So to prepare the garden space for next year been ripping out grape vine trunks bigger than our tree trunks and making the space we need. Along the way he's been faces with barbed wire that was put behind the fence, apparently for safety precautions, and other bushes that make his arms look like he's walked through barbed wire! So here's what it looks like now:
Who knew there was a fence back there right? I was actually pretty bummed about it though 'cause I love seeing all those vines pouring over the fence and the privacy it gave, but Brian assured me he'd put more up there and train them this time, so I can let it go. :)

 Other than that we're just doing what we can around here and waiting for this baby to show up. I'm starting to get tired a lot earlier and just not having much patience or energy for doing much. This morning I was on the phone with my Mom and Bella came in just dumping juice all over our carpet and so I went in the kitchen and she had done it all in there. I finally got it cleaned, jumped in the shower and when I got out she came to me looking like this:
I know it doesn't look too awfully bad, but it's lipstick and it was all over her. I told her to make a grumpy face and this is what she did. I thought it was so funny.


Little rag-a-muffin! Yesterday her creativeness was dumping our cinnamon and sugar all over the carpet. Oh the joys! I've said it before, but I'm not sure which is worse, being pregnant or having the baby because at least I can contain the one in the belly! :) That's all for now.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

It has been far too long. LOVE the pics in vegas, you and bri look so happy and it's nice to actually see a photo- not only of YOU- but of you BOTH together. House/ yard looks fantastic, it's going to be stunning

Jill and Paul said...

you look gorgeous in those pics! and what a stinker bells is. but shes so dang cute!

Mel said...

Would you mind updating my blog as well? Someday I'll feel like that's on my list of things to do when I have so many others. Glad you liked the work Greg did. Now we just need to come up and play, not work! Love yoU!

Jessica said...

You should make a book of all the messes Isabelle gets into! She is hilarious! I can't believe you're almost ready to have your baby. Good luck with everything!

Alicia H said...

Holy busy peeps! Good to see a post and know whats happening way up north. Can't wait to see the new baby! xoxoxo missing you all!

Lisa said...

Such cute pics- I love Vegas,too. Can't wait to see the yard- crazy stuff happening there!

Suzy Q said...

Thanks for the update, life looks extremely busy. Hard to believe you'll have another baby so soon!