Oh man it's been crazy! We've been in our house 2 weeks now, although half of it we've been in Salt Lake playing. It's been a lot more work this time than any other time we've moved. I had someone ask me the other day what my favorite thing about the house is and I immediately said, "the backyard". And it is fabulous. Here are a few of the surprise flowers that have been showing up in the back yard.
Then there are the 11 fruit trees which are starting to show their fruit. So far as we can tell we have several apple (not sure if they're apple or crab apple), peach, pear, cherry and then raspberry bushes, red currant bushes, an amazing grape vine and rhubarb. Those were all here when we came. We've planted a garden but I don't know that we're going to get much out of it. We haven't had the time to tend to it and it's struggling.
There are some pretty cool things about this house and it's really coming together. Bri hung some pictures in the living room and cleared out everything in there. While I was at the DMV he got the living room cleared, the kitchen mostly done, all the chairs in the entry emptied and moved downstairs and the two hutches cleared off. He is AMAZING!!! I was thinking the other day that if there were a major disaster, I'm so glad he's my man 'cause he gets so much done so fast and just doesn't stop until it's done. He's still amazing me with everything he's getting done on the house and it's looking great. Today it actually felt home-y and uncluttered. We're getting so close. I'll post some pics of it soon. Maybe. That's another problem. See, with this amazing backyard we have, no one can get us internet because of all the trees. This one guy said, "there's no way I can get reception with that forest you have back there". And it's not really a forest, but we do have a few gigantic pine trees back there, so we still don't have internet. It hasn't been so bad except for that I've been wanting to update the blog.
Anyway, so as I said we've been down to Sandy the last 2 weekends. The first weekend was my bday/Fourth of July celebration. I thought it'd be fun to make our own shirts this year, so we did. It was fun. I even got some glow in the dark paint and that was a hit when it got dark.
Here's the picture of everyone who made a shirt. And no, Jill's shirt is not pointing to Cooper (he was made in Mexico. Ha ha!), it's pointing to her belly.
We had fun at the parade, well, most of us. Cooper slept through 90% of it. Then we hung out for the fireworks at Sandy City. It was a fun night. Fourth of July is my favorite! We had a good time hanging with my family. Jill, Paul and Maya surprised us by moving out here. The girls have been having so much fun playing together. It's fun to see them together. Love the Kool-Aid mustaches!
The kids have adjusted really well to the new house. I haven't noticed any extreme behavior, aside from the normal extreme! Before we moved into the house the girls said they wanted their own beds, but to share a room. The first few nights here they slept in the same twin bed, then one night they asked me to push their beds together. I walked down to check on them before going to bed and they fell asleep holding hands. One of those tender moments I was so glad I saw. They are becoming the best of friends and I love seeing the love they have for each other.
We've had more happen since all this, but that will have to be another post. Time to go relax!



















4 comments:
Come play again! The house will always need something! All houses do!
Ooooh! I love the part of the girls holding hands. KIDS ARE GREAT! They can bring so much JOY into our lives. I feel very blessed with our little family. Thanks for the post. If I posted everytime I thought about it...you would never be able to keep up! HA HA HA. Maybe someday. Love and miss you guys!
Brian is amazing. And so are yoU! You're pregnant and dealing with back and forth and all the kids doing this and that, needing this and that....yet you still get so much done! It's great! Can't wait to see the improvements on the house! See you soon! (in salt lake though)
I didn't know you didn't have internet! I'm excited for updated pics of the house. Love you guys!
Post a Comment