Well, we made it almost another week and things are starting to move and feel like we're accomplishing something. Before I get into that though, I realize I haven't said anything about our ultrasound a week ago. We weren't going to find out because I thought it'd be fun to find out in delivery but the girls wanted to know so I was easily persuaded to find out. It was quite obvious that it was a girl. I really thought it was going to be a boy. I thought I was getting divine messages that we were supposed to have another boy so I felt a little tricked. It wasn't that I was upset it was a girl, just more or less upset that I was so sure it was going to be a boy because I felt we had another boy waiting to join our family. Oh well. If we only get one boy, I'm sure glad it's Cooper. He's so sweet and loving and I'm glad Isabelle will have a little sister closer to her age, so we're happy about it. Here's a lame-o picture I took of myself to show my "progress". I'm 22 weeks in this picture. I tried to get Elizabeth to get one of my but I looked like a freakin' giant, so I tried myself and this is as good as it gets for now! I feel like I'm in that awkward in between stage where people can't tell if you're pregnant or just chubby. I figure the nightly ice cream will catch up soon and push me out a little more, not that I want to, but I hate the in between stage.
So just over a week ago our wood came in and is still sitting until this weekend. I can't wait for Brian to start putting it in. I'm anxious to say the least. However, he hasn't just been sitting around.
On the main floor we just had our bedroom and then a large room that used to be 2 rooms. The lady turned it into one room and put this fireplace in and used it as her tv room. Well, I said it would be better for us to have 2 rooms than one big one. I told Brian I'd like to put a wall up, well, for him to put a wall up. I didn't think he'd do it for a while, if he did at all. I mean, we have enough bedrooms downstairs, but one day he went over to work on the house and he said, "you're not going to believe what I did" and I didn't. He had already knocked out half the fire place.
It was no easy job. He had to chisel off a bunch of the cinder blocks to be able to flatten it enough for the sheet rock to go over and what not. I was amazed when I saw how much he had done. The bricks went all the way up to the ceiling. I think he probably has a brick worth of dust in his lungs. The crazy head won't wear a mask!
So Saturday he put up the framing and yesterday did the wall. I couldn't believe how he just knew what to do. I was kind of freaking out like "how are you going to do this" and he would just say, " I don't know yet. I'll figure it out." And he sure did. By the end of yesterday he had the wall up.
He got the other side completely done, but now there's this challenge. I have no doubt he'll figure it out though. He is amazing me and how fast he's working and how much he is figuring out on his own. I'm so impressed. My Mom keeps saying, "that Brian. When he puts his mind to something, there's no stopping him." And it's true. He's a mad man working so hard and I love him for it.
Now that today is supposed to be good weather I'm hoping to finish up this forever long project of cabinet doors. Well, I probably won't finish them, but I should get at least half of them done and ready to hang. They
are at the house we're living at now outside. I haven't been able to do anything on them 'cause of the wind and crappy weather.
I almost wanted to cry yesterday when I saw we still hadn't done anything with the drawers and Brian said there are like 15. It will NEVER end!!! And then I keep freaking out that I'm going to give this baby brain damage with all the painting I'm doing. It is well ventilated though, so Brian tells me I shouldn't worry... but I do. But I feel bad 'cause there isn't much else I can do. Well, there's the progress for now. More this weekend!







6 comments:
WOW! Ya'll are amazing. I can't wait to come and visit your masion that you are all doing such a great job on. Keep up the good work!
BTW I forgot to mention that you are lookin' super good little miss prego. But you always did well in the prego dept.
dude. you better be sucking it in or im gonna punch myself in the face! you look awesome! punk.
now onto the house...brian is amazing! how do they do it? he looks so proud and accomplished! dont worry about the cabinets, you'll get there! cant wait to see it for myself!
It looked really good! I am anxious too for you to finish! It is coming along, though. It's going to be great! Lots and lots of potential!
Oh yeah, you look great too! It's amazing that you can't "tell" you're pregnant! You look great, truly! Thanks for yesterday too. I had a lot of fun!
Michelle, you look really really great! It looks like so much fun fixing up your house. Congrats on another girl.
Post a Comment