Today has been a great day. I think a day like this is what being a Mom is about. I've been struggling (I know. Another thing I'm struggling with) with having fun with my kids. It's hard for me with their different ages trying to find something that keeps them all happy and something I enjoy doing. I do not like playing with barbies, dolls or a lot of pretend things. I'm a lame Mom I know. I love games and just hanging out together, but sometimes that doesn't work or isn't fun enough for them. We had a few kids games but either the pieces are missing or I can't find them, so I thought I'd journey down to the DI to see what they had and I scored big time! I got I think 8 games for $11. We've played 2 so far today and they are having fun. Correction... WE are having fun.
--OH, and on a side note, I set Isabelle down because she was freaking out and I'm not lying, 10 seconds later I turn around and she's totally disappeared. I wasn't too worried. It was hard to try and spot her though because there were all these clothing racks around, so I got down on my knees to look for her..... nothing. I told Cooper and Caroline to help look.....nothing. So I thought the worst thing would be for her to get kidnapped so I walked to the front of the store 'cause I'd spot the thief or someone would bring her to the front of the store. Well as I get closer I see her walking OUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! There was this older lady there and she was looking around wondering where the psycho mother was and this man grabbed her hand before she was out in the parking lot. She had to have run the whole way up there because I was up there in less than 30 seconds. Little stinker.
--OH, and on a side note, I set Isabelle down because she was freaking out and I'm not lying, 10 seconds later I turn around and she's totally disappeared. I wasn't too worried. It was hard to try and spot her though because there were all these clothing racks around, so I got down on my knees to look for her..... nothing. I told Cooper and Caroline to help look.....nothing. So I thought the worst thing would be for her to get kidnapped so I walked to the front of the store 'cause I'd spot the thief or someone would bring her to the front of the store. Well as I get closer I see her walking OUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! There was this older lady there and she was looking around wondering where the psycho mother was and this man grabbed her hand before she was out in the parking lot. She had to have run the whole way up there because I was up there in less than 30 seconds. Little stinker.
Elizabeth came home and was so excited because..........
Yep. She got first place in the reflections photography division. The next round of judging isn't for another 2 months, but we don't care. We're so proud of her!
After another game and some snacks we headed over to a neighbor's house to pick some apples to make an apple crisp. We pulled our wagon to gather them up and Cooper pulled it all the way home. It was so cute. The girls were so great about washing and drying them and then I cut them up but unfortunately they were all past their prime. A little soft and not much flavor, so we'll be heading to the store tonight. :) They did look pretty though.
And yes.... we do have a little bit of crazy hair going on today!
We also took a few mintues to do a secret service for a neighbor and raked leaves and cleared the sidewalk off. It was really rewarding to watch the girls have fun working hard and working together. I was proud of them and it was fun to do a "secret service". We don't do it often enough.
A little while later we ran to a few stores and then headed over to Elizabeth's school for Literacy Night. It was super cute. It was a pirate theme and they had different stations with fun activities. The kids got popcorn, Caprisun's, hot rolls and lots of fun. It was a good day. I need to have more days like this with them. There were a few crazy moments, but all in all, I really loved being with them today. It's nice to have days like that!












8 comments:
Cute, cute cute!!!You don't have to play Barbies. Games are great, cooking is great, folding laundry can be fun~you're doing a great job!
Sounds like a perfect day! I have a hard time playing barbies and trucks and whatever too. I can do it for a few minutes, then my dang to do list keeps creeping into my head. We also love playing games together--that's one thing we all can do and love! Congrats to Elizabeth on her reflections award! That's awesome!
You're a great Ma Shell, the fact that you stress so much about it is proof of that. Just chillax- you're an amazing Momma
I'm totally relate on not being a fun mom. I don't love playing toys with my kids either. I love the game idea. I think I'll take a trip to the DI myself and see what fun things I can find. Love reading your blog, Michelle.
Those days are great! I can't imagine having to please all those stages. I guess I'll have to get a few tips when it comes! The pictures were really cute too! Great job liz!
You are such a great mom and I guarantee you are fun. I sure missed being able to see you while I was in town. But next time for sure. Love ya!
I read your post yesterday and laughed about your Walmart adventure with Isabelle. Then today, I was at Walgreens and Ty disappeared while I was at the cash register right by the front door. Nate and I were looking all over and this lady comes in with Ty and says, "Is this your kid? He was in the PARKING LOT crying for you." So I think I win worst mom award :) The sad thing is, they get away from me all the time in stores.
Loved the update and the pics. I'm proud of you for being a great mom.
Post a Comment