Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Photographer in the making...

Elizabeth decided to do photography for the reflections contest at her school. She took all the pictures herself and decided instead of doing one she wanted to do a collage. I told her one time the five steps she had to do to get them all over there and ran to do something. I kept waiting for her to call me for help, but about 5 minutes later I walked back in and she was nearly done. I was amazed! How can a young brain remember something to do with technology so well and yet it can sometimes take older people several times to grasp. Amazing! Anyway... so I sent it off to get printed and picked it up later that night. The guy pulled the picture out and said, "do you have the copyright release for this?".
Me: What?
Guy: Do you have the release for this or are you the photographer of the picture?
Me: What did I print off? ( I thought that maybe I had accidentally printed off a picture from my photoshoot on Saturday)
He opened it up and it was Elizabeth's picture. I laughed.
Me: That picture was taken by my 6 year old daughter.
Guy: (leans over to the other guy) this was taken by a 6 year old
Other Guy: well, she must be destined for great things.
It made me smile. How funny. I do think she did a great job putting it together! It was so fun to watch her play around with the saturation and exposure and see what her creative eye ended up with. She loved it. Maybe she can be my assistant in a few years! :)


7 comments:

Alicia H said...

Those are beautiful! Way to go Elizabeth!

Lisa said...

What beautiful pictures, Elizabeth! I LOVE them! You are an artist! Love you!

Mel said...

thats awesome liz! soon enough you can take our family pics!

Carleton & Robyn said...

It really is spectacular!! What a sweet story.

Jill and Paul said...

pipper! you're as good as your mama! way to go! you'll have to teach me when we come home for cmas! love you girlie

Caroline said...

Ha ha ha, that's awesome. That really is a great collage- way to go Shell, she's going to be the spitting image of you :)

Suzy Q said...

Wow!