Sunday, August 2, 2009

Grand Teton

With Aunt Julia here, she wanted to take a trip to see the Grand Teton. I was a little leery of taking the kids, but that's the stage of life we're in, so Friday morning, we packed up and took off.
I've wanted to be a little more adventurous with our kids and take them on hikes and camping and such, but after this trip, we may have to wait a few more years. The mountains were beautiful and the kids actually did pretty well.

There was really only one who gave much trouble, and that was this one...

But really, all in all she was pretty good. They all were. Julia had a perma-buddy with Elizabeth. Liz really loved being with Julia.

Our second day around the Tetons we stopped in an area and let the kids play in the water. Brian and Julia tried skipping rocks, usually a pretty pitiful show! :)

The girls were so cute together. They were looking for cool rocks. Elizabeth had a whole pocket full before we journeyed onward.

I loved seeing them have fun together and be best buds. They both took turns carrying the Camel Back which I was proud of. It was kind of heavy for their little bodies.

Brian had his own "pack" he toted around. He also attempted pushing the jogger on some of the trails. Needless to say, we only tried once. Most of the trails weren't meant for strollers.

We spent the night in a "cabin" and it was cheap and not too bad. Not too bad if you don't mind bed bugs. Well, just the bed Brian and I were in had bugs. The other 2 beds seemed to be bug free. We saw a gun show that freaked out Elizabeth, made Isabelle shake and Julia was a star in the show. :)

It was a fun trip and nice to see so many beautiful things. The mountains and lake are so beautiful. We live in a beautiful country!

6 comments:

Carleton & Robyn said...

How fun! Love the pouty face!

Lisa said...

Love the pics. Especially pouty Caroline! What a fun trip!

Mel said...

will said, "oh. Caroline goin' pee-pee?" funny. and that view is amazing! plus the hike looks like fun too!

Caroline said...

Those are good pics. They'll enjoy those when they get older. I like the one with all the antlers in the back. It's cool

Jill and Paul said...

its been so long since ive blog checked! amazing pics! love the one of caro pouting. love the one of papa john. love the ones of the water fight. dont love the fact that there arent any of you. but i get it, youre the photographer!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! Teton is one place I haven't been that I really need to go. I totally understand about the traveling with kids thing- and you have twice as many as me!