Today was Elizabeth's first day of 1st grade. Caroline was more excited than Liz. We all took her to the school and walked around then dropped her off in her classroom. She was being really quiet. Here she is all new again with no friends. Hopefully she'll get out of her shell fast and make some friends.
The kids have said some funny things lately. I know I'm forgetting one of them so I have to get these down before I forget...oh, and this is Elizabeth on her first day of school


Elizabeth: Mom, do you thing you're fat.
Mom: Yeah.
Elizabeth: You do?
Mom: Yes. Do you?
Elizabeth: No, I think you're as skinny as a giraffe's neck.
Elizabeth: Mom, you've got to get those cruiser diapers for Cooper. They're awesome. They flex in all the right places, like around the waist and thighs. That way he'd be faster.
(A few hours later I saw the commercial and it was almost verbatim to what Liz said)
Mom: I have to be careful because if I fell off, I could die.
Caroline: That's okay Mom. We would just get Daddy to kiss you and then you'd come alive.
We went clothes shopping for a new "first day of school" outfit. Caroline starts preschool next week and as she was stepping into the first outfit she said, "this is so exciting". They way she said it was so cute.
**Added- I remembered what it was that Elizabeth said. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she wiped it off. She looked at me and said, " don't worry Mom. I'm not wiping it off, I'm just moving it."
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
The things kids say...
Posted by Michelle C at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I love the cute things that kids say, and I love blogs because they're the perfect place to record those things so we don't forget.
Just HILLARIOUS! Love all the funny things they said.
Your kids are growing so fast!!
Michelle, your kids are so cute. I love all the funny things you wrote down. My kids quote commercials all the time, makes you realize how much they pick up on. I love what Elizabeth said about "moving your kiss" That's the cutest thing I've ever heard. Good luck with first grade...I'm not liking it so far, myself.
Oh my heck, that is adorable! I'm just moving your kiss. SO sweet. I miss those girls already. And those black and white are amazing. They are getting so big. I'm sad I can't see them more.
Love it! Liz looked so cute for her first day of school!
Post a Comment