I can't remember the last time I got a new bike. Actually, that's not true. I think I was 10. What a big moment in life. Come to think of it again, that was when I got my 10 speed. I remember a banana boat when I was 5. When I was in college, I bought my 3rd bike (or so I seem to think it was my 3rd) off of my cousin. I took it out to PA with us when we went out for dental school, but for those of you who've been to Audubon, there were no sidewalks where we lived, so I didn't take the bike out hardly ever. When we moved, Brian said I couldn't take it because I didn't ride it enough and he was embarrassed by it. That's right. It was a huffy. So I had to leave it behind. After 3 years without a bike, I told him I wanted one for my birthday, but he got one for me for mother's day. I saw the cutest bikes at this bike shop like this:



This one was my favorite. The daisy. Isn't it cute?!
They're called cruiser bikes, or townies. My kind of bike. None of this craziness to take me in the mountains on it!
Well these cute bikes cost $500-$700. For a cruiser bike. Holy cow!!! That's what Brian wanted to get me and I was like heck no! That's more than his bike cost and he wanted one that was $2000. NO way could I let him buy me one that cost that much. So we started looking other places and came across this one. My kind of bike with the big comfy seat. It's cute and was so fun to hop on a bike again.
However, I didn't get to hop on it for about an hour while Brian tuned it up. Who knew a bike needed tuning. He seriously spent almost an hour on it. Funny. I guess that's what you get with a mountain biker! :) Thanks for the bike babe!
Friday, May 29, 2009
My new bike
Posted by Michelle C at 7:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I got one for mother's day also and am loving it. Funny cause my husband did the exact same thing when he brought it home. Took him almost an hour before he deemed it "ready" to ride.
Congrats on the move to logan. Sounds like a fun adventure. When are you leaving?? It would be fun to get together before you do.
Super FUN! I too would like a bike, but I don't think I could really justify it...oh well. Hope to see you soon. Looks like lots of fun.
I love the beach cruiser bikes I really want one but people laugh at me and say there are to many hills here and I would never make it up with one of those bikes! Where in the world did your kids get their BLUE eyes from??? We might come to the get together in July unless Jason goes to Alaska to fish with Kendall. I may still come by myself with the kids.
What a great Mothers Day gift. How nice of Brian to get it all ready for you. Your bike looks great! Love all the beach cruiser ones on there also.
That's so much fun. When I have space, I will have to get a bike and a bike trailer for the boys. That would be fun. Have fun!
those bikes are so dang cute! but you made the right decision! way too much $$$! yours looks awesome! glad youre getting some time on it! that was sweet of bri!
How fun enjoy your new bike. I need to trade my road bike in for a mountain bike, I just can't get into the road bike thing.
Post a Comment