Monday, May 11, 2009

Catch up time...

Brian and I just got back from a fabulous trip to Oakland/San Fransisco. My friend Tami got married and flew us out there to photograph the wedding. Huge shout out thanks to Jill and Caroline, who with out them, this trip would not have been possible. They were master babysitters for us so we could go. The first nigh we got there we headed into the city down to the Fisherman's Warf. We got lunch there and then walked around for a bit. Well, this whole trip will be a little out of order, but one of the things we did was go out to Alcatrez. It was so interesting and they had a really great audio tour there. Pretty cool. The boat ride over was absolutely freezing!!! It took me like 3 hours to thaw. But most of the pics are from the boat ride over and around Alcatrez. More to come on that later.









I just thought this was such a cute picture of the two. Love Izzy's hair!


And cute again....



I feel like a bad Mom 'cause I haven't even talked at all about Caroline's Bday. She turned 4 and was so excited. We kept hearing about how her bday was next for about 2 months. She's so sweet. Love this girl. Her bday pics were funny 'cause she showed no emotion on any of them. Jill really reacted when Caroline opened her camera that she's been wanting forever and that's how we got the smile. I asked her what she wanted for her bday cake and she said Snow White. I think I need to stop asking. I had no idea how I was going to do that, but then an apple popped in my head and I asked Caroline if that was okay. She said, "that'd be a great idea". And so the apple it was. I had to stick Snow White ontop though to get the whole request in there. We had all my family up and it was a good time. Pizza was nasty, but oh well. Company was good!







I have more to post, but I've been at the computer editing wedding pics for a few hours and am ready to lay down. More later...

3 comments:

Carleton & Robyn said...

How fun. I love San Fran.

Doré said...

Can't wait to see and hear more about your trip. The apple cake looks awesome! Happy Birthday to Caroline! Now she can be just like mama with her camera.

lisa said...

Good pics of San Fran, I LOVE that place! You are so creative with your kids--from photography, parties, crafts--you are amazing!