Thursday, August 29, 2013

Caroline's Baptism

Caroline's Bday was a special day. She was able to be baptized on her birthday which was special. She was the only one and that was nice and intimate. Both sets of grandparents came out for it and that was wonderful. So, we started off her birthday on a spiritual note. Caroline said she wanted to sing a song for the special musical number. I asked her if she wanted her siblings to sing with her and she said she wanted to do it by herself. She sang Gethsemane and did a beautiful job. It was such a sweet thing to hear. Grandma played the piano and Papa John gave a prayer.  Grandchud gave a talk on baptism and WeeMama gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Both talks were great, of course. Brian baptized Caroline and when I took her in the back to help her change she just smiled from ear to ear and said, " I'm so happy". I was so glad that she was feeling so good inside. She was ready and so excited to be baptized.


The only other people Caroline invited to come, besides the Primary President (sister Ericcson ) and the 2nd counselor (Brother Hanzon) were the Skinners. They all came and it was nice to have someone else there to support her on her special day. Afterwards we came back to our house and had lunch. Caroline requested Maccaroni and Cheese, so we had some of that for the kids along with sandwiches for everyone else. We had a nice time visiting and the kids got to play a little bit.

We wanted to keep Caroline's bday focused on her baptism, so we didn't do a friend party. She said she was ok to just play games, but apparently that wasn't enough. After some attitude and frustrations, we decided to go see a movie. It was the Goons. It was a fun movie and I guess made Caroline feel like it was a little bit better of a day.

Of course we finished up the day with cake and presents. All in all I think she had a good day and I hope she remembers the way she felt and the special things that happened.







0 comments: