We have been busy! We had 4 milestones in less than 24 hours. #1- I put Bella down for bed and she wouldn't have it, so.... she climbed out. Twice. Hasn't happened since then but now she knows she capable. Not a great milestone for us, but one none the less.
#2- Cooper had his first night in underwear and stayed dry. To top that off, it's been almost a week and he's done it every night. Yay!
#3- Caroline "graduated" from preschool. She was pretty excited and it was a fun few minutes to celebrate her accomplishment.
Other than that, we FINALLY got our house. We closed on Friday and Saturday morning we were at Home Depot just after 8:00 spending away our checking account. Well, not really, but I assume that will be our most shopped at store over the next few weeks.
I realize that after going through my pictures, I haven't taken a picture of the front of the house, so I'll post that later. It's an older home, built in 1968. There is a lot of work to be done. The house is in great condition, just not to our taste, so we could live in it just fine, but we won't. :)
So as I said, we woke up Saturday morning and made our first trip to HD. We didn't get too much, but amazing how this little bit could add up to $160. Mostly the paint I think. I know we'll be spending much much more. I'd rather a trip to Hawaii or something like that, but I guess a nice house will work too. :)
So here is the glorious kitchen. It's a great size, but we have major plans for it. And look, matching seat covers. :)
I had to run back to the house we're living in and grab a few things and when I got back, Brian said he electrocuted himself a few times while pulling the fridge out. Luckily he wasn't laying on the floor when I got back. Then, he had to disconnect the water from the fridge and ended up flooding underneath the sink. We'd only been there a few minutes and already one reason to NOT have carpet in the kitchen. And 2 to NOT leave Brian alone!
There were no other major problems. Brian got the most of the issues. He kneeled on the nail strip and sliced his knee up a little and ran into the chandelier in the kitchen a few times so by the time we left he had blown out 3 of the 5 bulbs.
So our near future check list:
Remove hardware from cabinets
Paint counter tops
Put in garden
Paint Cabinets
Paint kitchen and living room
Redo floorboards
Install wood floor
And on and on it goes. That's just near future, but we're making progress and excited about seeing the transformation. I'll take more pictures and put them up as we go. My last picture is just 'cause I thought it was funny. Caroline and Elizabeth came upstairs and Liz had put these balls in their shirts. Oh the things they come up with!









8 comments:
The girls just want to look like their Mama!!!
Remind me to tell you the great cabinet paint~
Oh, so funny. Can I borrow those balls? ANd good luck on the house! Some day I'll get up there to help...somehow.
keep the pics coming! wish i were there to help! cute pics, love the balls! need a pic of you!
I wish I was there to help out! I LOVE LOVE LOVE home re-do's. I went a little overboard the past two years so I'm trying to slow down this year. I would honestly love to come up and help with any project you have in mind! (minus the electricity stuff. I don't know a thing about that.) I love 'older' houses. If we move it will for sure be in an older home so we can re-do it to our liking! I can't wait to see what you do next with the house!
Whoa, I didn't see what the kitchen looked like before the carpet was torn out- way to go Bri!
Man it has been a while since I have been on your blog. A lot has happened, more so than in my life I guess. Can't wait to see more pics of the house. Looks like a fun road ahead of you. Memories of redoing the office. I was very tired of HD by the end. Good Luck!
Congrats on the house! So fun that you get to fix it up too. This is my dream (fixing up a house and just getting a house).
What a crazy week. Or however long that was. I completely agree...don't leave the CHUD alone! You need him to finish fixing up the house...then he can do whatever he likes...
Miss ya! See you in AUGUST? This is the rumor...and I am SUPER EXCITED! Maybe I heard this from you and I didn't remember. But Greg told me again. YEA!
Post a Comment