We've had a fun and busy last few days. Brian's sister Suzanne and her family came out here and spent a few days with us and it was great fun. We were sad to see them leave today. Cooper showed the most emotion which was surprising and so tender and sweet. We really had a great time with them.
The kids played great and because of that, the adults were able to play too. We stayed up playing games almost every night. And to add to all the fun and great time just being together, one of Suzanne's favorite things to do it clean, so every night, she and Randy would clean the kitchen. HEAVEN!!! I was contemplating asking them to move in with us! The girls did a few "creative" projects and several times asked me to put their hair in "rocker" style on the side. I thought that was so funny. I remember doing my hair like that for real when I was Elizabeth's age. They had fun putting on a rock show and dancing around.
I told them to do an attitude look... guess Sydney didn't quite get it. ;) My girls know how to throw around some attitude though!
Alison joined them at the last minute. I think this will be one of those pics they'll look back on and love. I think it's so cute.
Easter morning Elizabeth and Sydney ran upstairs to see their baskets. They had left a carrot on the table and were anxious to see if he had come. Sydney said the funniest thing, she said, "now I know the Easter Bunny is real 'cause my mom would never give me that much chocolate!". I thought that was so funny.
Later that day we hid 200 eggs around the house for the kids to find. The younger girls wanted to be easter bunnies. Caroline's nose was itching, so she wiped it off and wasn't too happy. They found all the eggs in like 7 minutes. Not too many great places to hide the eggs inside. Blasted snow!!!
Isabelle found one egg, took it in the other room and called it quits. I guess she was more for the immediate reward than looking for more.
Elizabeth and Sydney had a lot of fun together. It was cute to watch them playing together and enjoying each other so much. It made me think about my cousins and the relationships we made when we were their age. I hope they have one that lasts forever like I have with some of mine.
This was the first year I was the one fully in charge of doing the Easter dinner. It was kind of weird. I don't feel old enough to be at that point. Everything went well except for when I went to make the deviled eggs. I had Brian buy me a new jar of mayo because I knew I was close to being out. When I went to open it, I noticed the seal was broken so no mayo. Brian wouldn't have my creative ideas for substitutes, so he decided to make the mayo from scratch. Long story short, 2 tries and about 1 hour later we had fabulous mayo and fabulous deviled eggs. Of course I had to get a picture of them.
Isn't he cute?! :) My hero.
Kind of weird to have him be the man of the house and fulfill those responsibilities too. He did great though and we had a very nice Easter dinner.Our menu was: Ham, brown rice, mashed potatos, green bean casserole, jello pretzel salad, pea salad, bread sticks, deviled eggs and sweet potatos. A lot of food and a lot left over, but it was A wonderful end to the wonderful conference sessions this weekend. I felt like so many of the talks were directed towards me and my need to improve as a mother. Lots to work on, but we have hope! So grateful for the Savior and the example and sacrifice he made for us all! Thanks to Him, not all hope is lost. :)















9 comments:
Cute pics! Liz and Caro's attitude pics were scary! But Sydney looked cute, all grinning! Looks like they had a wonderful time. Why was Caroline pouty in the sofa picture? I'm guessing she isn't sitting where she wanted to!
Are those YOUR deviled eggs??? You used a fancy tip thingy! I just put mine in a baggie and squeezed them out. Not as pretty as your's, but they still tasted great!
such great pics. wish i were there. looks delish! homemade mayo??? who does that? oh! brian! he's so awesome! the girls attitude pic is awesome! they will love that. im glad you posted something. i've been missing everyone so much. love you.
Love the pics. Man I sure missed y'all this weekend. For real. Wasn't the same without y'all there. Looks like a blast! The girls look so beautiful. And way to be Bri- such a good man.
That's so fun. I'm glad yall had fun. Great job on making mayo? Wouldn't have even thought about doing that. Would've taken longer than 20 mins, which will get you to the store here and back! Yummy though.
I loved this post! Michelle, we had SO much fun and I just love you guys so much. You did such an amazing job hosting. I hope the girls will always have a special relationship - Sydney literally burst into tears all day long on Monday missing Elizabeth! You're the best and I love you my sister!!
Looks like a fun Easter weekend filled with good times, food and chocolate!
The menu looks delish. Good job!
Good times! Miss you. How are you feeling? Hope you are doing well.
So pretty. Love the pics. Looks like you guys are having fun.
Post a Comment