Thursday, May 5, 2011

Getting Behind

Well I've been on the computer a lot lately, but I've neglected the blog. Well, this blog. I started up a new weight loss group and it has taken a lot of my time. It was a little more involved than just losing weight, so I've been putting together score sheets, setting up rules, putting together a blog and more.  This time it was more about setting up healthy habits and hopefully losing the weight in the process.

 It's been good. I was having a hard time losing the rest of my weight once my last group ended, so I needed to start another one. Brian is my partner and it's going pretty good so far. Brian has lost 10 pounds in just less than 2 weeks and I was at 5 pounds. It ha s about 6 weeks left and I'm hoping I can make it where I want to be at that point.
We've been going back and forth to Sandy a bunch this month. There have been bridal showers, Easter, and work meetings. My sister Caroline gets married next week, so there's been a lot going on with that. It's been fun. The only bad thing about the bridal showers was skipping all the treats. I really wanted to cry the first night. Jill was there to make me be strong. If she would have tasted..... I would have tasted. Oh well.

  Easter was good. We were actually home but the weekend after we went down and had an Easter dinner with everyone and an egg hunt with the kids. It was fun. The next day my sister Mellie and Greg blessed their twin boys. More food unable to be eaten. :(

 As with the rest of the country, we've had SOOOOOOO much rain and snow! This has not really been a nice spring. We are grateful for the moisture, but a little sun would be nice too. I snagged this picture the other day after a brief shower. One of the nice things about rain is how it makes everything clean and sparkly.

Well our little Kiki had her 6th birthday yesterday. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. She said, " I want shell soup for dinner, pancakes for breakfast, chicken nuggets for lunch and my cake for dessert." There's a girl that knows what she wants. I was only asking about dinner! :) She had a great day and I think she felt pretty special. She wore her hat from school all day. These are her knew sunglasses and outfit which she loved and looks so cute in!

Luckily Charlotte fell asleep and I got to take the time to decorate her cake. I had fun doing it. It's a lot more enjoyable when I am left alone to do it


After all the cake and presents we went downstairs to play her knew Wii game and Bella took the Barbie and sat it up next to her to watch. I thought it was so funny I had to take a picture.


 Other than that Brian has been working in the garden trying to get things going. We have some peas coming up that I'm thrilled about. We've had to wait on the other stuff 'til the ground wasn't mud and it's warmer. Hopefully that will be this week. I have another story to share about our squirrels, but that will have to wait until next time. Here are 2 more pictures that I love. No story, just cute kiddos!

5 comments:

Jill and Paul said...

it really has taken up a lot of time huh! who knew? you're doing great! love the pic of bella with her hand on her face! too cute! and i'm so impressed with your cake! adorable!

Sarah said...

Love the cute fam. And I love the flower photo too. Good job with overcoming food temptations. I am afraid I could never do that. You are awesome!

Alicia H said...

You and Brian are just to cute for words! Love & Miss ya'll

Carleton & Robyn said...

Love all your before and after pics! I love doing this Healthy Challenge. It has been life changing for me. You are a great inspiration to me. Thanks for heading this up!!

Suzy Q said...

Healthy Changes really worked for everyone! Great post.