Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great to be 8!

We had a great weekend this past weekend. Elizabeth was baptized on Saturday, February5th, by Brian. The day started out with a trip to some wedding shops to find the perfect dress for my sister Caroline. We were not disappointed as we walked away with several possibilities. However, we are shopping again this weekend, so no purchases were made. After a few hours of that we rushed home to eat lunch and get ready for the baptism.

Here are a few pictures before the baptism with Brian and Elizabeth is their jumpers.


We had all my family here but missed having any of Brian's here. Elizabeth was baptized by Brian and confirmed by Bri, Papa John, Uncle Paul, (soon to be Uncle) Jayde, Brother Oliver and some other guy I don't even know. :) Her session she was baptized with 2 other girls, Brynlee and Olivia, from her school class. I was surprised to see their school teacher there. Not something that I think normally happens.




It was such a wonderful experience and a spiritual one too. We are so proud of Elizabeth and she looked so beautiful. What a sweet daughter we were blessed with! So crazy that she's already old enough to be baptized but so wonderful too. 




 I've been having fun taking pictures of Charlotte lately, trying to get a good smile and just having fun with it. Today she turned 4 months old. She's so much fun. She started rolling over at just after 3 months. She's pretty strong. I'm pretty sure she's teething too 'cause she is slobbery and always trying to gnaw on her hands or someone's face! Love this nugget!


Also need to mention that Caroline lost her first top tooth. It is so funny! She was thrilled about it and now we don't have to worry that she's going to swallow it! One more tooth down!


Elizabeth snagged this picture. We're going to have to work on camera to person distance. Caroline's face isn't that odd looking. :)


7 comments:

Caroline said...

LOVE the new layout of your blog and LOVE!!!! the pic of you and Elizabeth in black and white laughing. That is a kodak moment if there ever was one. Such a beautiful and fun weekend. Thanks

Lisa said...

Such a great weekend! And such a wonderful girl~
And you're right, that distance with Caroline is funny!!
Did you make the headband for Charlotte? Cause it's really cute!

Carleton & Robyn said...

What fun times! Your little one is so beautiful.

Mel said...

Wish I could have been there for her baptism! And to see those kids dressed up. Will just got the Bad Spiderman dress-up from Greg's aunt's sister. Fun cake too! I'll have to get pointers...and recipes.

Jessica said...

Congrats to Liz! I can't believe she's so old! She looks gorgeous, too! You guys are going to have to worry about her in a few years :) I especially love the pic of you and Liz. Charlotte's so cute and getting so big too, and we haven't even met her yet! I wish we could have seen you guys when we were in Bear Lake, but we were with friends and we drove the back way. We'll have to plan a trip up to see you sometime!

Sarah said...

That is awesome. Congrats on your 8-year old. I love the pics, as always.

Suzy Q said...

What a special event, wish we could have been there!