It's hard to believe that this is where we were 8 years ago. Not so much that it went by fast, I'd say it feels like 8 years, but just where we were 8 years ago. It was around 4:00 PM in Norristown, PA at the hospital on the way to changing our lives forever! And what a great change it was. I get so caught up in being frustrated with the day to day things that I forget to stop and realize how wonderful every thing is, and how wonderful my sweet little family is. Although, not really so little now. :) Crazy that 8 years from this picture we are now a family of 7!
January 25th 2003 changed who we were and who we now are because we got this wonderful sweet spirit sent to be part of our family. It was so fun and exciting, that first new baby making us not just a couple anymore, but a family. I loved every minute with her. I loved when Brian would go to school and she'd wake up so he'd bring her into me in bed and we'd sleep for another 2 hours. Boy those were the days! I loved that she was my best little buddy and we did everything together.
She was always so happy and so crazy loud... still is! She was a spunky little thing and we've gone from this tiny bundle of joy.......
to this wonderful 8 year old! For her birthday she said she wanted pizza for dinner. Her favorite is Pizza Hut so I was totally cool with not making anything. She had a great day at school as the spotlight and then Brian brought in doughnuts and chocolate milk to her class for her birthday treat. I told him to just grab a bag of suckers of whatever was cheap. I think he must have zoned out when I was talking! His treat was better than mine would have been. He said he wanted to do something that would make her feel special.
I spent part of the day trying my hand at fondant. I really lack in the creative part of it. I didn't really know what to expect so I made the cake and fondant the night before. She said she wanted blue, brown and white for the colors. I could have doe something more creative but the cake layers were small so it was hard to do much. I did what I could with Charlotte fussing the whole time. It was frustrating, so I just hurried and finished it. She loved it though so that's what counts. The more I look at it the less I like it. Oh well. Next round. Although really, I don't know why we make cake. They aren't big cake eaters. Tradition I guess.
I think she had a great birthday with good presents, lots of phone calls, bday cards and a little special treatment. So great to be where we are 8 years later and with such a great daughter!










4 comments:
That's a cute cake! And boy! Have things changed!!!! Now you get the 8-12 years and then the 12-16,- see..in 8 SHORT years she'll be 16!! Probably not a happy thought. Let's stick to the happy- she's adorable and a blessing to all of us.
PS. That was the hardest labor I've ever had.
i think the cake turned out adorable! it looks like malt balls on top! you do more that i've ever done on a cake! and with all you have going on, youre amazing! i love my pipper. she really is special and such a good girl. tell her i love her and can't wait for her baptism!
I love the cake and that post. It made me teary eyed! It is truly amazing what you've accomplished in 8 years. And Liz is such a little gem.
Post a Comment