Wednesday, October 28, 2009

In reverse order....

Last weekend we headed down to Sandy to say our goodbye's to Jill and Maya before they headed out to Arizona. Brian had been sick a few days before so we were trying decide if he should go or not. He said he felt fine Friday morning, so we all packed in the car and headed out. That whole weekend he was on and off with his fever. Guess he wasn't really better. Long story short on him, turns out he had swine flu which developed into bronchial pneumonia. So far, no one else has gotten it. Brian had to cancel patients on Monday to make sure he was in the clear. The Dr's office sent him home with a mask. I thought this was so sad and so funny at the same time.

The morning it snowed the girls asked if they could play in the snow as soon as they got home from school. Elizabeth was so excited to build a snowman, and so proud that she and Caroline did it all by themselves. I was pretty impressed too. I don't remember playing in the snow being fun, but they were sure loving it. So cute to see them out there building a snowman together.

We went to the pumpking walk for FHE the other night. It was pretty cool. All the displays were things made out of pumpkins. They were very creative and the kids had fun trying to find the hiding M&M. After all the displays they had these wooden stands you could put your face up to.


Why the tears you ask? Poor poor Cooper.

Unfortunately, he thought he was supposed to stick his head through, which he managed to do just fine, it was getting it back out that was the hard part. His poor ears were being smashed so bad. It took about 5 minutes to figure out how to get his head out. I thought we were going to have to cut his head out. I mean, it's not like peanut butter is going to help him in this case. His ears have red marks on them from squeezing through. So sad. We tried to get a picture of him doing it the right way, but he was scared of it and wouldn't go by it.




It was a fun night and we'll have to go back next year. Best part...it's free.


We also managed to do our pumpkins a few weeks ago, another FHE. Gotta love the holidays for easy ideas. Brian wanted to carve his, so Elizabeth wanted to, then followed by Caroline. I'm all about painting them. Easier and safer! Isabelle, Cooper and I painted ours. I didn't get a picture of Isabelle because she started eating the paint and I had to get it away before she overdosed on acrylic paint! :)




And just because I thought this picture was cute...

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Carleton & Robyn said...

The picture with Cooper and his head stuck just made me laugh. Looks like fun.

Caroline said...

What cute cute pictures. Seriously. Elizabeth looked so beautiful. That costume was rockin', actually all of them were. You look great and it looked like a blast. YOu and Bri are such good parents. Sorry we couldn't be together, missed ya.