Friday, December 19, 2008

Been Busy

So we've been busy around these parts. I wish I could remember what it was that's been making us so busy, but I can't seem to remember. Last week I headed out to South Carolina to shoot my cousin's wedding. It was so much fun. I took Isa with me and we had a great time. She was nearly perfect on the plane both ways and a lot easier to handle than all 4! It was great to spend time with my Grandma and see all the fam out there. I got to watch a bunch of HGTV (we don't have cable) and just relax. We took a trip out to the beach just to walk around, walked around downtown and enjoyed the festives of the wedding. I've been working on a lot of pictures lately and although I enjoy it, I'm anxious for a break. I have another wedding coming up in 2 weeks, so I'll get a short break. Bri and I have a babysitter for tomorrow so we can get our Christmas shopping done. I know.... procrastinators! Oh well.

I've lost my wedding ring. I went through 2 weeks of garbage, even opening dirty diapers. And just incase you were wondering, their smell does not lessen after 2 weeks! I didn't come up empty handed though, I found one of Cooper's shirts and a knife in there. I'm going to guess Cooper put them in there. I'm also blaming him for my ring being lost. I don't know for sure though. I've looked in vents, all the drawers, random toys, bags, just about everything I can think of. Hopefully it turns up.

Isabelle turned 5 months. I have a few pics in honor of her 5 month bday. Here's amazing for you.... last night we put her to bed at 7:30 and she woke up around 4:00 and then went back to sleep until 7:30. Then, at 9:00 she went to sleep for 5 hours, then down again at 4:00 and is still sleeping. So in the last 24 hours, she's been awake a total of 3 1/2 hours. Not sure what's going on there. I keep checking on her to make sure she's breathing. Must be some major growing going on.

Cooper has figured out how to get out of his crib. I'm surprised it took him this long, but now bed times and nap times are a little of a challenge.

Caroline has been a major stinker! My Mom had all the kids for 2 days while I was gone and Bri was at work and I think 90% of the "issues" were Caroline. She's miss drama queen. 3 years old totally kicks 2 years old! I've lost my sweet Caroline for a little while. Hopefully she grows out of it quickly. She still does sweet things every now and then I guess, she's just a lot more.... teenagery! :)

Elizabeth has been a lot of fun lately. She loves playing games in the car like I Spy and 20 questions and name that tune. We played it for an hour on the way to WeeMama's house. She loves to stay up and try to get out of going to bed. She's also way into Star Wars and XBOX. I think the Star Wars marathon went on while I was gone.

Brian was great to help me out during my excursion. He seemed totally calm every time I called. Not sure why I get all the craziness! :) He just finished a vball league. The were so close but ended up taking 3rd. Still a major improvement from last go-round.

Well, Merry Christmas to all of ya.


8 comments:

Ginnie said...

Love the update! I hope you find your wedding ring, if not, I guess it's an excuse to buy yourself another piece of bling ;)

Doré said...

You have been busy! How fun that you were able to go to Charleston. Curren is a total Star Wars fanatic also. Isabelle is growing so fast. I hope you find your ring! Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

nice update shel. great pics. see you in 2 days- CHRISTMAS!!!

Suzy Q said...

Enjoyed reading your update and the pictures. I am so sorry your ring is missing. I hope it turns up. Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

Jill and Paul said...

pretty crazy! love the pics! well, if your ring doesnt turn up....i guess then you might end up with the band youve wanted after all!! great things come to those who wait!

Mel said...

My little sweet girl

Spencer and Kealia said...

I love all of your photos on here! Will you do me a favor and tell melanie to add my email address so we I am no longer shunned from her blog? Thanks! skbarlow@gmail.com

k love you bye!

Sarah said...

Cute Isabelle. You guys sure know how to do blue eyes (Cooper excepted of course)! I agree with you about 3-year olds versus 2-year olds.