Monday, January 11, 2016

2016 Begins...

So we've started 2016 and I'm hoping to keep up with all the things going on with our family. With the start of the year came the start of the new schools. For the most part, the kids are doing well. Elizabeth was excited but seems to be hating it now. We're working on trying to find 3 positive things a day. It just takes time, but I hope she finds some happiness in there sooner than later. She does know a few kids there so at least she isn't totally on her own. Caroline, Cooper and Isabelle seem to be doing just fine. We did take Caroline back To Kohl the first Friday there because her clarinet concert got cancelled before Christmas because of a snow storm and she was totally bummed because she had a solo, so we got special permission to take her back. She was excited to visit her class and happy to still be able to do her solo.

The older 3 kiddos have decided to do no treats/sweets/candies or desserts for a year. If they do, they'll get $100. They get 5 free days and their birthdays. So far Cooper has taken one day and Caroline kind of did as well. She forgot, but we had to count it because it was her 2nd time and it was a whole cookie. Liz emailed me from school to see if she could eat 3 M&M's for a science experiment but by the time I got back to her it was too late, so she told her teacher she couldn't. Makes me smile. I hope they make it. I'd love from them to see they can have the self control and make healthier choices. I know it's only been 11 days, but I'm proud of them for doing it so far. They're doing great!

We've had a bit of snow and it's been pretty cold lately, not my favorite. I've wanted to get out and just take some walks and be in the sun, but it's been too cold and snow and ice on the sidewalks so I've felt a little cooped up lately.

We're down to less than 3 weeks before this baby comes. It's starting to be a little more real, but still a little on the hard to picture side. We're all set with the needs though and the kids are so excited. Time is passing quickly. I've started swelling a bit and put on more weight than I had hoped, but hopefully it will come off in good speed. Had a lot more contractions earlier than I remember with the others, so maybe it will happen sooner. If not, we've got our date set for January 28th, so it's close.

Brian has auditioned for a part in his next choir performance. He's so funny because he acts like he won't get anything, but of course he will. I hope he does. He wants a certain part, so hopefully he'll get it. It's good for the kids to see him still doing things he loves and auditioning for parts. I'm proud of him.

Things are going pretty good with the new ward. We're starting to get to know more people and feeling more comfortable there. I think the kids seem to be doing well with it. They do struggle a little with how many kids there are. There are a ton. They had to move the primary into the chapel to fit better. The junior primary fills up all the middle section of the chapel except for about the last 3 rows, as does the junior primary. It's crazy! Definitely a change from our previous ward.

All in all I think the transition has been good. We're settled in the house and getting our normal back. I just need some nice warm weather so we can get outside a little more. Maybe after the baby comes.

1 comments:

Caroline said...

NIce on the candy!....still going?! ;)