Since I'm so far behind in blogging, I have to do it a month at a time. So for December.... we started off the Christmas season with our ward party. It was a fun night. We were asked to do a family musical number so we did the bells. It went pretty well. Then at the end of the night, of course, there was a visit from Santa. No tears this time, always a good moment. Caroline said she almost grabbed on his beard. That could have been a disaster.
All the kids started fighting about which one was going to put the star on the tree so I devised a great plan. We had them all in our room watching a show and called one out at a time and told them it was a secret, but "they were the one to put the star on the tree". Then as soon as they got down, we took the star out and repeated. I thought we were so clever, but apparently Caroline said: " did you put the star on the tree?" Liz: " yeah. " Caroline: "me too". So I guess we weren't so sneaky after all. But aside from a little, " well I did it first", it solved the drama.
I bought the tree off someone selling it and it was cheaper than a real tree. We went and looked at the real trees but there weren't that many out yet and I hate throwing down $50 + each year on a tree. I loved having the tree up and seeing the kids enjoying it so much too.
We also decorated gingerbread men for FHE one night. The kids enjoyed that and I had to solicit some help from Brian to get them all to look at the camera and smile. If you look in the window behind them, you'll see Brian's face. Funny.
That's the start to our December.










0 comments:
Post a Comment